Oshkosh 2024 - Who's going?

My practice for long cross countries was to fly as far as weather or daylight allowed, and stop at the nearest medium size airport. We always found nearby accommodations and food, and any delays were always less than the distance covered beyond the "Safe reserved room" distance.

We were happy with all but the one near Miami, but that was spring break time, and everything was filled. 80,000 miles of cross country, most states east of the Rockies.

Trip from Washington DC to central Missouri, we went to central Illinois before the weather stopped us, easy hour and a quarter the next morning, as the weather had drifted south, as predicted.

My practice for long cross countries was to fly as far as weather or daylight allowed, and stop at the nearest medium size airport. We always found nearby accommodations and food, and any delays were always less than the distance covered beyond the "Safe reserved room" distance.

We were happy with all but the one near Miami, but that was spring break time, and everything was filled. 80,000 miles of cross country, most states east of the Rockies.

Trip from Washington DC to central Missouri, we went to central Illinois before the weather stopped us, easy hour and a quarter the next morning, as the weather had drifted south, as predicted.

I might relook my plan in favor of that strategy. If we can get all the way to Burlington WI on Tuesday, we can visit the American Champion factory Weds morning, and still be on the Oshkosh arrival by 10am.

Back