Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

The unwrapped Baby Ruth floating in the country club swimming pool was one of the highlights of the movie, "Caddyshack" ... not to mention the background music from "Jaws".
Spoiler alert- In college we had a 'Myth Busters' moment and discovered that Baby Ruths do not float. I'll never view Carl Spackler in the same light regardless of his claim to have met the Dalai Lama.

Or the 18 wheeler. It scares the holy ned outta me to see someone get on the left steering wheel and hang out there. If that tire blows that can blows todays cars right off the road. Or the 18 wheeler can turn left and run right over that GM Tiny Spec.

I pass 18 wheelers as quickly as I can, even if I have to exceed the speed limit by a mph or 30...
Especially when in a motorcycle! I never prolonged my stay next to those large wheels. Plenty of delaminated tire treads by the side of the road as a reminder of what can happen.

Also... don't pace the car next to you. Speed up or slow down, I care not, but move so that others may pass.
Reminds me of the time when the car in the left lane was pacing me. I slowed down in an attempt to make room for people to pass, and it continued to match my speed. When we got down to 35, I floored it, and since my pickup has excellent acceleration when empty, I had no trouble leaving it in the dust.

what's pretty funny is people thinking that other drivers have an obligation to facilitate them breaking the law.
Technically, if you're in the left lane going slower than the flow of traffic, you're breaking the "stay right if travelling slower" law, so there's no moral high ground for driving three under in the passing lane. The ticket will be for "impeding traffic", and while I don't drive slow enough to have received one of them, they exist. Unless you're in a state without that law, I guess.

what's pretty funny is people thinking that other drivers have an obligation to facilitate them breaking the law.
In the example I related, the car in the left lane was initially pacing me at 10 MPH under the speed limit.

The Mk 19 is for traffic... the M2 is reserved for grammar police, pal. :)
I deserved that. :cheers:
In Florida, if you are in the left lane and someone is behind you and can't pass, you are breaking the law.
You could be charged for both blocking traffic AND speeding. The guy behind you might also be charged for following too close and speeding.

Or the 18 wheeler. It scares the holy ned outta me to see someone get on the left steering wheel and hang out there. If that tire blows that can blows todays cars right off the road. Or the 18 wheeler can turn left and run right over that GM Tiny Spec.

I pass 18 wheelers as quickly as I can, even if I have to exceed the speed limit by a mph or 30...
I have a hearing aid in my left ear that I attribute to a semi a long time ago. I remember it was a nice day so I had the windows rolled down. A truck had pulled over a lane so I could get on the highway. I was right next to one of his tires when it blew. My hearing in that ear has been bad ever since,

My favorite are the elephant races. Two 18-wheelers side by side with one trying to pass the other at about a +1 mph speed difference.

A good fiend who drives tractor trailers for a li9ving explained the "Elephants" driving side by side, with a 1 MPH difference.

Computerized engine controls limit the top speed, as selected by their company.

The cruise controls are a separate function, and can be 'bumped up' to a speed higher than the foot feed limit. If you touch the brakes, and drop in behind another truck, it will take many miles to get the cruise control back to that higher speed.

Staying on cruise can be an extra 2 to 5 % of pay for pay by mile drivers.

"Eh,that's just a reflection of the blue sky overhead, PROOF that all aircraft should be banned", said the envirowarrior. Or it could be a boat trying to minimize its time spent in a 'No Wake' manatee protection zone.

Back