the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

my first foray back into the rental world ended up in a <24 hour notice cancellation on me. fml.
Yup… that’s why I’m a member/customer across 5 clubs/flight schools. Likelihood of getting some sort of aircraft for a given time period is decent, though still not high.

Yup… that’s why I’m a member/customer across 5 clubs/flight schools. Likelihood of getting some sort of aircraft for a given time period is decent, though still not high.

that's what I used to do when I was a renter. this was just to get some twin time at one of the two local places that has a twin. plane went into annual and I was notified <24 hours in advance. if they knew it was annual time, they should have told me.

Yeah. Two years ago I had a weekend trip planned with the wife. Hotel reservations made, we show up at the rental place and they tell me plane isn’t available - was taken for annual two days before. I dropped membership at that place.

Just got my invoice today for my wing tip repair that started in Nov.’22 and finished in January this year, from a bump two years ago. Aviation maintenance is fun!

Flying behind someone doing 747 patterns sucks

when was the last time you put gloves in a glovebox? I think it's time for a rename.

That's a lot of crap under the gloves.

when was the last time you put gloves in a glovebox?
Just yesterday, when I accidentally grabbed more than I needed.
71FwSuOQhtL._AC_UX679_.jpg

I've been making public older videos on my YouTube. Man, I used to be terrible!

when was the last time you put gloves in a glovebox? I think it's time for a rename.
We used to call them the Jockey Box. It’s really a thing. Don’t think Jockey was making women’s undies back then though.

Not even this one?

Attachments

• c5-af.jpg
    c5-af.jpg
    881.3 KB · Views: 10
Trying to get some last minute grass strip training for 6Y9 and there's this bruh, looked like a Cessna, just flying off the radio (nordo maybe), pattern altitude, doing endless circles blocking up the airspace directly around the airport. Varying altitude but never landing...

Even though I was not pleased w this guy I obfuscated his tail #. Finally got outta there when I took off and he was flying too close for comfort off my wing.

Never dealt with that before! Planning to go back tomorrow so I can get more runs in.
PXL_20230831_221631220~3.jpg

Trying to get some last minute grass strip training for 6Y9 and there's this bruh, looked like a Cessna, just flying off the radio (nordo maybe), pattern altitude, doing endless circles blocking up the airspace directly around the airport...

Even though I was not pleased w this guy I obfuscated his tail #. Finally got outta there when I took off and he was flying too close for comfort off my wing.

Never dealt with that before! Planning to go back tomorrow so I can get more runs in.
View attachment 120210
Cushing is a great proving ground for getting acquainted on grass. Hinckley is another good option - though they have lots of glider ops there. Also after rains it takes a while for it to get nice and dry. Dacy is good but it's rough/bumpy, might be much for the gear.

Cushing is a great proving ground for getting acquainted on grass. Hinckley is another good option - though they have lots of glider ops there. Also after rains it takes a while for it to get nice and dry. Dacy is good but it's rough/bumpy, might be much for the gear.
I'll keep those in the back pocket for tomorrow in case this guy is out and about again.

You actually recommended 0C8 to me a while back and it's been great so far! (Minus just this one dude flyin' circles on a Thursday afternoon).

I have now logged over 500 hours total SEL. Passed the mile-^h^h^h^h^h hour-stone while in Wisconsin. Now more than 350 cross country hours logged. 680 landings.

At the beach, two ship F/A-18 low level fly by. Nice!

I drove off another CFI. I'm working with someone for my Commercial. Just a hobby CFI. Decided last month to go to ATP school, and now has a tentative offer from Frontier.

If I become a CFI, my business slogan will be "No, I won't leave for the Airlines".

After a lengthy back and forth about the difficulty of fitting three kid beds in a bus; hotels and cars not set up for families of five or more…

oh yeah, if they have bunks, it's probably only bunks for 2 kids.

Today I did some running around and I managed to pick up some super singles. The image isn't uploading now so I'll have to deal with it later. I ended up buying 6, which is more than I need.

The big thing with super singles is that, since they're overall narrower than the pair of tires they replace,

I thought Ted was referring to mattresses when he said he bought super singles but he had switched to tires. Gave me a chuckle.

I think my Stratus 3 let the smoke out on my trip home over the weekend...

Quick "doesn't need it's own threat" poll:
Stratus 3 vs Sentry Plus

I think my Stratus 3 let the smoke out on my trip home over the weekend...

Quick "doesn't need it's own threat" poll:
Stratus 3 vs Sentry Plus

If it is worthy it should go under the “I’m still a renter” sub forum.

I've been very pleased with the Sentry (don't have the plus). 540h later and it's still going strong with a battery life that can far outlast my flying stamina.

I've been very pleased with the Sentry (don't have the plus). 540h later and it's still going strong with a battery life that can far outlast my flying stamina.
For the record, my Stratus 3 lasted 660h (4yr 9mo) and was worked very hard. I'd get one again, but wanted to gauge the public as to if I'd be missing out with something nifty the Sentry Plus does for basically the same price.

What will you connect to? I got the stratus 3 not only because it works great but it broadcasts in the open format so you can use ForeFlight as well as any other app.

With Sentry you will always have to use only ForeFlight.

What will you connect to? I got the stratus 3 not only because it works great but it broadcasts in the open format so you can use ForeFlight as well as any other app.

With Sentry you will always have to use only ForeFlight.
That's a good point. I'm FF user but can see the desire for my other pax/pilots to want to connect to it as well.

It's always something around here...

IMG_20230906_164214647_HDR.jpg

Yes, that is certainly something. What does one of those radiators weigh, and what is it cooling ... Jimmy, Cat, Cummins or ...?

Yes, that is certainly something. What does one of those radiators weigh, and what is it cooling ... Jimmy, Cat, Cummins or ...?
855 Cummins. Crate says 400lbs, but I'm guessing that includes at least 100 for the crate, because I can stand up the radiator without getting a hernia.

Back