Oshkosh 2024 - Who's going?

Not even close to being complete yet. End of June is the official goal.
Of course. I should have been more clear -- what I meant was they finally posted the link and not the final schedule itself.

Serious question.

I plan to fly the Comanche in on Staurday.
I really want to put the "Home Built Parking" sign in my window.
Will those people get a laugh at having a 61 Piper amongst the RVs and Slings or will it **** them off?
My 1959 Cessna 182 has a 2016 paint scheme on it. One year the marshaller took a look at my Vintage Area Camping sign and shook his head no. I pointed at the sign again and he walked back and noticed my plane was a straight-tail. He laughed and waved me on.
52137082740_e761caa626_z.jpg

My 1959 Cessna 182 has a 2016 paint scheme on it. One year the marshaller took a look at my Vintage Area Camping sign and shook his head no. I pointed at the sign again and he walked back and noticed my plane was a straight-tail. He laughed and waved me on.
I've heard stories of marshallers that know what serial number the cutoff is on certain models.

I'll be there Sunday to Sunday in Warbird camping.

My buddy hopes to take his C-45 Expediter, AKA Twin Beech. What are the prereqs to park and camp in the Warbird areas? I assume joining WoA at a minimum. Is there an aircraft qualification process?

My buddy hopes to take his C-45 Expediter, AKA Twin Beech. What are the prereqs to park and camp in the Warbird areas? I assume joining WoA at a minimum. Is there an aircraft qualification process?
I don't think so, just have a WAR sign and show it to the ground folks. I always fly a T-6 up there so there's not a lot of question for that. One nice thing is you get two week long wristbands for flying a warbird in. :D

You can join WoA at AirVenture upon arrival. If you want RV camping in warbirds, it's a very competitive process. Not sure about tent warbird camping.

I don't think so, just have a WAR sign and show it to the ground folks. I always fly a T-6 up there so there's not a lot of question for that. One nice thing is you get two week long wristbands for flying a warbird in. :D

You can join WoA at AirVenture upon arrival. If you want RV camping in warbirds, it's a very competitive process. Not sure about tent warbird camping.

If the C-45 is a no go, we have a PT-26 and a BT-13 available. Though that would be a LONG haul from central Florida. I'm more inclined to take my Decathlon and park at IAC.

Camping would be tents. How does one compete in said process?

If the C-45 is a no go, we have a PT-26 and a BT-13 available. Though that would be a LONG haul from central Florida. I'm more inclined to take my Decathlon and park at IAC.

Ed are you a member of the Tampa CAF Squadron?

I'm not sure what the process is for tent camping.

For RV camping you have to be a member of WoA and apply early in the year then be available to apply for a slot within the first couple of hours of them opening up. It's a chore! I don't get the impression that tent camping (in warbirds) has similar demand.

So long as he feels guilty about it and buys me a beer later, I'm fine with that.
I don't think Bryan buys beer at Oshkosh. Oshkosh buys beer for Bryan.
Serious question.

I plan to fly the Comanche in on Staurday.
I really want to put the "Home Built Parking" sign in my window.
Will those people get a laugh at having a 61 Piper amongst the RVs and Slings or will it **** them off?
A) Slings? You’ll see more at their display than in the sea of RV's called HBC.

B) All the RV guys care about is whether you bring good beer to share. Zima is not recommended.

I don't think Bryan buys beer at Oshkosh. Oshkosh buys beer for Bryan.

A) Slings? You’ll see more at their display than in the sea of RV's called HBC.

B) All the RV guys care about is whether you bring good beer to share. Zima is not recommended.
I’ll accept Bourbon as well. Zima :nono::vomit:

I'm not sure what the process is for tent camping.

For RV camping you have to be a member of WoA and apply early in the year then be available to apply for a slot within the first couple of hours of them opening up. It's a chore! I don't get the impression that tent camping (in warbirds) has similar demand.

I'll tell my buddy who owns the planes to join WoA. It might wind up being a moot point; every day that passes reduces the odds of the Beech being finished.

We can always consolidate in Scholler. If I take my Decathlon, I'll park at the IAC, which is pretty much at the epicenter of things, but there is no camping there.

I'll tell my buddy who owns the planes to join WoA. It might wind up being a moot point; every day that passes reduces the odds of the Beech being finished.

We can always consolidate in Scholler. If I take my Decathlon, I'll park at the IAC, which is pretty much at the epicenter of things, but there is no camping there.
This is straight from their website tonight:

"Improved campsites in the Warbirds Campground are full. If you wish to camp in an improved site with water and electric hook ups, please refer to Camp Scholler. If you plan on camping in a tent in the Warbirds Campground, please check in at the campground building. Tent camping is $36.00 per night."

So again, tent camping can be had day-of arrival.

This is straight from their website tonight:

"Improved campsites in the Warbirds Campground are full. If you wish to camp in an improved site with water and electric hook ups, please refer to Camp Scholler. If you plan on camping in a tent in the Warbirds Campground, please check in at the campground building. Tent camping is $36.00 per night."

So again, tent camping can be had day-of arrival.

Awesome, thanks!

I've got an offer to ride with someone, but not sure about getting time off work. That darn work stuff is really interfering with my flying.

I'm planning to go. TBD on flying or driving.
But I'll pray it isn't as hot as it was last year. Meant to stay for 3 days but 1 night of camping was all I could do in that heat :oops:

But I'll pray it isn't as hot as it was last year. Meant to stay for 3 days but 1 night of camping was all I could do in that heat :oops:
Yeah, the heat can be overwhelming. I'm running around taking photos all day. Sometimes you'll find me back at my plane, sitting under the wing chugging ice water though!!

I'll take heat over storms or cold any day. Coming from Florida, Osh isn't hot by any stretch :biggrin:

Planning on all week. Comanche parked in Comanche town and camping at sea base.

Planning on all week. Comanche parked in Comanche town and camping at sea base.
When are you arriving? Last year I had my paperwork for Comanche town but when I got there and Sunday they said it was full and put me in the South 40

I'm hoping to make it, hopefully my schedule cooperates, and the weather is decent.

Would I be violating any actual regs if I printed out a giant "Experimental" sticker and put it on the side of the plane?

Probably, and it may attract the attention of someone from the FAA, and that isn't something you want.

Oh… if you need a venue, I’m selfless enough to let you use my campsite. Just shoot me a shopping list! I’ll reply with a GPS pin!

Spicy good, but not really picky, just sayin…

The schedule will be easy, 7, noon and 6pm EVERYDAY. What do you think about midrats?

Edit: I feel this will garner you good exposure (see how selfless?). The world should be privy to what you can do with food supplies!

And if you don’t take me up on the offer, and you need a plant in the crowd for tasting… well… I’m your guy. Our secret. No one will know…

Last edited:
Plan on arriving Sunday, leave Tuesday for work. Unless work makes me just do reserve in which case I guess I'm stuck there

Coming this year! All the way from SA - once in a lifetime trip - can. Not. Wait.

Can you PLEASE bring a kangaroo, pleeease?!? Not only because I think kangaroos are awesome, but the idea of one running loose at OSH would make it that much more entertaining for me. Thanks for your consideration.

Can you PLEASE bring a kangaroo, pleeease?!? Not only because I think kangaroos are awesome, but the idea of one running loose at OSH would make it that much more entertaining for me. Thanks for your consideration.
I thought SA was South Africa— is it some place in Australia?

Or a Cape Buffalo.

Back