Dan Gryder Lockheed Electra Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of things he's brought up that help. Airspeed Indicator markings, emergency landings. Things to make you think about what you would do in an emergency or just in practice. Probably not a good idea to come here for any advice.

There are a lot of things he's brought up that help. Airspeed Indicator markings, emergency landings. Things to make you think about what you would do in an emergency or just in practice. Probably not a good idea to come here for any advice.
He does have a lot of practice at emergency landings.

and survived them all, which is I would like to happen more often

and survived them all, which is I would like to happen more often

Are you saying DG’s superior airmanship prevents him from dying in an aircraft accident or incident?

Are you saying DG’s superior airmanship prevents him from dying in an aircraft accident or incident?
What I am saying is that I know of at least 5 high profile accidents within the last 2-3 years where pilots with "superior airmanship" were not only killed but took a lot of other people with them. So, I would rather be lucky than good and Dan did not walk away, but survived a horrendous accident in which he was not the pilot. He also evaded the EAA on crutches which is hilarious to me.

Except that he started that video with discussion that appeared to be designed to confuse people.
It probably confused you but the good thing about Youtube is you can replay it until you understand LOL

It didn’t confuse me…I’m familiar with both terms.
That sounds like my daughter when I told her she didn't know where the washer and dryer were, she said "I know where they are I just don't know which is which".

That sounds like my daughter when I told her she didn't know where the washer and dryer were, she said "I know where they are I just don't know which is which".
Apt analogy if you brainwashed her into believing the dryer was the washer and the washer was the dryer.

Apt analogy if you brainwashed her into believing the dryer was the washer and the washer was the dryer.
That makes no sense apparently Maule skinner couldn't figure out how to calculate V speeds and it seems it's not clear to you either. Maybe you two should get together and work on it.

What I am saying is that I know of at least 5 high profile accidents within the last 2-3 years where pilots with "superior airmanship" were not only killed but took a lot of other people with them. So, I would rather be lucky than good and Dan did not walk away, but survived a horrendous accident in which he was not the pilot.

So you agree that DG is unskilled but lucky?

So, I would rather be lucky than good and Dan did not walk away, but survived a horrendous accident in which he was not the pilot.
Dan was just an observer and to verify checklist usage. He just forgot to speak up when a checklist item was missed.

You are serious you don't understand acclerated stalls I mean really tell me where you have the problem
Who said anything about accelerated stalls? The voices in your head? I sure didn't.

So you don't understand them. Do you have a point please tell me what you don't get
How can you conclude I don't understand them when I never talked about them?

So, I would rather be lucky than good and Dan did not walk away, but survived a horrendous accident in which he was not the pilot.
Unless you were there, you don't know that. But we do know he was the instructor giving instruction because he said so.

We also know he crashed some poor schlub's 150 in a cornfield.

How in the world did you come up with that, seriously Go back and read the thread.

So you think DG is skilled? The guy who's crashed multiple planes? Or are you saying that you think he's unlucky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back