Dan Gryder Lockheed Electra Crash

Sad, I hope they make a full recovery. Seems there have been several incidents similar to this in the news lately. :(

I will speculate since that's what he would want...

Probably trying to capture content in the Lockheed to cover the one that went down a few days back which tells me cameras were hopefully rolling.

I see on Glenn's channel last week they were doing some work on one of the struts. I saw a video of the landing it didn't look like the strut collapsed but that was my first thought. There is some speculation going around about a ground loop You can see the plane until it leaves the frame and then you hear the crunch but you can't see what actually happened.

Probably trying to capture content in the Lockheed to cover the one that went down a few days back which tells me cameras were hopefully rolling.

I see on Glenn's channel last week they were doing some work on one of the struts. I saw a video of the landing it didn't look like the strut collapsed but that was my first thought. There is some speculation going around about a ground loop You can see the plane until it leaves the frame and then you hear the crunch but you can't see what actually happened.
Can you post a link to the video you are referencing?

It sounds from the caption on this that DG was at least a little familiar with the plane.

I do hope everyone is okay. And, I do feel bad for whoever's plane that is. It looks beautiful (or did).

But, I suppose if there's one way to get better at "mishap analysis" it's to be involved in more mishaps. He's stepped up from "just" flipping a Cessna 150. :lol:

It sounds from the caption on this that DG was at least a little familiar with the plane.

There are some disturbing things there. While I'm sure he misspoke, he said he'd feather the good engine while explaining things.

I do hope that he and his family come out of the hospital in good condition, BUT...........

Waiting breathlessly for his in depth analysis of the faults inherent in this plane that made avoiding the tree impossible.

He has a lot of cool toys for someone too broke to pay his bills.

I'm glad no one was seriously injured, and I hope he actually cooperates with the NTSB this time. And since he was hospitalized, they'll have his blood....

Last edited:

I'll speculate that it could have been a failed suicide/homicide attempt, since he so often speculates that. Projection, you know.

There's some really awful looking pics of him and the others on Facebook lots of lacerations on the faces broken ribs broken legs.
Saw them...just a couple hours old. Beat up pretty bad and in surgery according to his son. Looks lucky to be alive.

Wow, a few feet left or right and it would have been simply an unfortunate incident.
I'd guess that the plane will probably fly again if restored, if it had been left or right it might've been more likely to have destroyed the spar.
There's some really awful looking pics of him and the others on Facebook lots of lacerations on the faces broken ribs broken legs.
That really stinks. Having seen a fatal accident with one survivor, I don’t wish that for anyone.

I saw a note on social media from Gryder's son that he sustained only minor injuries so I'll go ahead and start handing out popcorn.
I saw that too but seems to be gone. But I just saw a different one with pictures where he looks pretty beat up. Broken leg and in surgery.

Back