Daily Pic

That's cool that you wound up flying that plane. Did you seek it out or just happen to remember the tail number? I completely forgot about that story.

I did a thing…

inspired by this post
(https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/flying-ga-in-hawaii.132421/)

from @SixPapaCharlie in this plane
(https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/n490nw-c172-california-to-hawaii.139368/)

The legend

West side somewhere

On final to Dillingham (PHDH)

NE corner near Turtle Bay resort

Diamondhead and Waikiki in the distance, PHNL in the middle, Pearl Harbor in the foreground.

did you get..........wait for it...........leid?

That's cool that you wound up flying that plane. Did you seek it out or just happen to remember the tail number? I completely forgot about that story.
There was absolutely zero pre-planning because I’m an agent of chaos and that’s how I roll… I had no idea this was the plane until we were putting it away and the CFI casually mentioned it.

did you get..........wait for it...........leid?
not during the flight

32cea10db82355754b0ff53336cb1d03.jpg

742204d4fd7c4a126c16388194589a07.jpg

69ae00bc9808a594f8facf034dea3da2.jpg

7237c80e23ebc34becdce65f1c27e591.jpg

Riding around in this Waco today!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0669.jpegIMG_1124.jpegIMG_1131.jpegIMG_1140.jpeg

I was given these old geodetic wood wings after a friend's father learned I had purchased a Fisher. They had been sitting in his barn's hayloft for years, so it took quite a bit of cleaning to get them ready for display. Rigging them from the hangar ceiling without a helper was a pretty tedious endeavor, and by the time I had finished yesterday evening I was more than ready for a quick sunset cruise. Sans bomber jacket, due to the stifling heat and humidity. :biggrin:

2024-07-23-08-36-23-815.jpg

This is why we watch our altitudes on approach...stratogenerator clouds are no fun :biggrin:

20240726_124252.jpg
20240726_124733.jpg

1st time at the flight levels. Almost felt like that 1st solo. It's corny but I had been waiting for this day when I set that 29.92 for the 1st time.
Busiest week for me ever. 30 hrs at my day job then logged 29.6 hrs of flying 4 different birds.

1st time at the flight levels. Almost felt like that 1st solo. It's corny but I had been waiting for this day when I set that 29.92 for the 1st time.
Busiest week for me ever. 30 hrs at my day job then logged 29.6 hrs of flying 4 different birds.

I still remember my first time up there. Drinking from the fire hose with my instructor at 220KTAS up past FL200, first flight in the C414A, got my hand slapped for preferring to disengage the A/P in favor of hand flying. :biggrin: Gets a bit twitchy up there...thin air and all. Now after a lot more time in the flight levels I really appreciate the anti-fatigue effects of the A/P. Fun times, enjoy them!

Last edited:
I still remember my first time up there. Drinking from the fire hose with my instructor at 220KTAS up past FL200, first flight in the C414A, got my hand slapped for preferring to disengage the A/P in favor of hand flying. :biggrin: Gets a bit twitchy up there...thin air and all. Now after a lot more time in the flight levels I really appreciate the anti-fatigue effects of the A/P. Fun times, enjoy them!

I can appreciate that. ha
I am getting ready to fly a C177B from S CA to S IL with a friend of mine. No A/P in that thing. It should be fun.

IMG_0806.jpeg
My friends visited OSH and brought me back a sweet t-shirt ( the stripes are planes ). Matching hat too ( not pictured ).

I can appreciate that. ha
I am getting ready to fly a C177B from S CA to S IL with a friend of mine. No A/P in that thing. It should be fun.
If you can, post details and pics of your travels! That's a great flight.

View attachment 131921
My friends visited OSH and brought me back a sweet t-shirt ( the stripes are planes ). Matching hat too ( not pictured ).
It's almost like being there! (I missed it this year, too) :(

Back