the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

I tried to start a conversation with you about the LGE Flying Club, but it said I was allowed. I’d like to ask you a few questions if you don’t mind.
That's odd - let's blame this glitch on the new software! What can I tell you?

That's odd - let's blame this glitch on the new software! What can I tell you?

In the old software version if your profile was set to private people couldn’t PM you. Haven’t tested that in the new version.

Yes - accepting new members.

182 availability is fairly good

182rg is harder to get as it’s used for trips a lot

Club meeting at Mazzys sports bar in Marietta this Thursday at 6:00. You should stop by and check it out.
I probably will, I live 10 minutes from there. This Thursday? The website says the 27th.

Didn’t what?
Didn't take a picture before I flushed.??

Some kids at church were looking at a picture one of the kids had taken.... before he flushed...

They thought it would gross me out. It did, but I didn't let it show...:vomit:

When you're moving, you run across things you forgot existed. This is that.

I present the Amish Electric Motor:

IMG_20230718_183303597_HDR.jpg

I went to an auction in Arthur, IL ~10 years ago to attempt to buy a Bridgeport mill, which interestingly enough DID have it's electric motor, although IIRC the machine shop had its own generator. These were among the many other items offered that day. It's essentially steam engine, designed to run on compressed air, and employed in places where you'd normally find an electric motor. The business had a large gas powered air compressor, and air pipes running to all the buildings. I thought it was such in interesting thing I had to buy one (it was just a couple dollars). I thought some of the engineering minded people here might be as tickled by it as I was. One of these days I'm going to find the perfect job for it....but that darned electricity is just so dang convenient.

Engaged in a different kind of weather planning atm... (this stuff is much much harder than for aviation!!!)
IMG_1007.jpeg

For those of you who are unfamiliar, I'm racing Chicago to Mackinac Island this upcoming weekend. Each line represents the ideal racing course based on the best run for each weather model I've ordered.

Engaged in a different kind of weather planning atm... (this stuff is much much harder than for aviation!!!)
View attachment 119098

For those of you who are unfamiliar, I'm racing Chicago to Mackinac Island this upcoming weekend. Each line represents the ideal racing course based on the best run for each weather model I've ordered.

I’ll like and subscribe when I watch the video!

This might just be a Me-problem, but anyone else get a little annoyed at the lack of standardization/modernization in 100LL fuel pumps?
Some are modern and straight forward with good card readers, others are a little dated but still fairly easy to use, and others are like a ******* Rube Goldberg machines.
FBO guy comes over: "oh yeah it's easy you just gotta hit this lever, then swing up the pump meter to activate, then kick this black knob down here to release the hose, then turn on the pump with this switch, then press this green button so you can pull the hose, then clack your heels together twice... and do it all within 10 seconds or the pump times out!"

This might just be a Me-problem, but anyone else get a little annoyed at the lack of standardization/modernization in 100LL fuel pumps?
Some are modern and straight forward with good card readers, others are a little dated but still fairly easy to use, and others are like a ******* Rube Goldberg machines.
FBO guy comes over: "oh yeah it's easy you just gotta hit this lever, then swing up the pump meter to activate, then kick this black knob down here to release the hose, then turn on the pump with this switch, then press this green button so you can pull the hose, then clack your heels together twice... and do it all within 10 seconds or the pump times out!"

^^^ might be thread worthy ...

View attachment 119098

Racing what?

If you tried to plan a truly optimal flight, the weather planning would be harder than for sailing. You're just a slacker in the air, that's all. Jibe ho!

I didn’t say I’d like the whole thing……
I’d guess a guy like EMan is capable of accepting the binge challenge. No different than watching the entire Breaking Bad seiries. Although in this case it would be more of the Best of the Weather Channel.

Yar. That’s the only sailing term I’m aware of, thus my entire contribution to the sailing part of this discussion.

If you tried to plan a truly optimal flight, the weather planning would be harder than for sailing. You're just a slacker in the air, that's all. Jibe ho!
True, but the value add in aviation is minutes, versus hours or days in sailing, when one is only traveling 5-15kts.

You gonna be doin' a lot of tacking. Have fun and good luck.
Our models right now are showing less than 7% of the race will be upwind!

True, but the value add in aviation is minutes, versus hours or days in sailing, when one is only traveling 5-15kts.
I don't think the ancient 150 that I've got a few of my dual hours in beats that by very much.

6d461ef561672084c516b0b138280ac5.gif

Not just a you thing. I know of one that has the same kind of instructions as how to defuse a booby-trapped briefcase on an episode of Hogan's Heroes. Only half of the CFI's at the airport can do it.

I just learned something...shocking, I know.

When in conversation, or speaking to a group of folks and you can't remember a word you are wanting to use, don't say, ''What's the word I am looking for.??''

Instead say...''How do you say it in English.??''

That way the folks will think you are smart or bilingual instead of thinking you are just not very bright...

When in conversation, or speaking to a group of folks and you can't remember a word you are wanting to use, don't say, ''What's the word I am looking for.??''

That way the folks will think you are smart or bilingual instead of thinking you are just not very bright...

People never think I’m smart.

admit it, you stole that...

Does this trick require you say it in a bad French accent?

So, you are saying I am just not very bright....

nope. Plagarizing/stealing/embracing some saying or thought isn't necessarily a dumb thing, quite the contrary (when it is a good one)

but don't let that go to your head...

Back