the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

Got home last night about 11:30. Got in bed and noticed light coming in through the window like someone was in my driveway. Then the lights went out and came back on a few seconds later. I went outside and saw my truck’s (2016 Ford F150) exterior lights and bed lights were going on and off by themselves. I looked for an issue and found nothing out of the ordinary. Stayed up until 1am trying to find the problem. Google didn’t help all that much. No idea what it could be

Are those lights controlled by the same switch? maybe a bad switch?

Bob with today’s computerized vehicles, I don’t have the foggiest. I would think it is more than just a switch because I tried it with lights off and auto with the same result. It is the mirror down lights, the cargo light and the bed lights which are all on separate switches

Bob with today’s computerized vehicles, I don’t have the foggiest. I would think it is more than just a switch because I tried it with lights off and auto with the same result. It is the mirror down lights, the cargo light and the bed lights which are all on separate switches

Were you sitting on your key fob?

weapon targeting system futzing with the car?

I think we narrowed down the problem... :lol:

Back when I was a mechanic I had a customer with a '70 Ford Galaxie 500 that 4 or 5 times a year the horn would sound off, usually in the middle of the night.

Sold car, problem went away.

I've eliminated a lot of problems for little money spent:

1721706567273.png

Got home last night about 11:30. Got in bed and noticed light coming in through the window like someone was in my driveway. Then the lights went out and came back on a few seconds later. I went outside and saw my truck’s (2016 Ford F150) exterior lights and bed lights were going on and off by themselves. I looked for an issue and found nothing out of the ordinary. Stayed up until 1am trying to find the problem. Google didn’t help all that much. No idea what it could be
So at this point, how do we know it's still really you and not an alien pod replicant?

Many years ago at 2:00 in the morning someone starting blaring their car horn non stop. About to call the police, looked at the window and saw determined that I'd be calling the police on myself. My 96 Saturn was sitting happily in the driveway blaring away. Ran outside and hit the horn button a few times with no change. Popped the hood and then went into garage to find my tool box to rip the battery out of the car. My neighbor was by now with me in my driveway trying to help. Appreciated the intention; really good guy, but was very "screwdriver challenged". I managed to pull the battery cable off.

Next morning in the daylight I found the fuse box, pulled the horn fuse, put battery cable back on, drove to work. Saturn dealership had to remove the entire steering wheel (what with the airbag inflators and whatnot) to replace the horn buttons. That was a tough bill for a young dad with three kids and a stay at home wife.

It's always electrical...seldom engine or transmission mechanical. Over the years I've traded several vehicles over strange gremlins that could neither be replicated nor fixed. F that. All it takes now is one incident and it's sayonara because I know it's like cockroaches, see one and there's a hundred behind the walls.

Robins are the hardest working birds in the avian industry. They are out looking for worms all the time. The are the early birds and they work all through the day until almost sunset.

Robins are the hardest working birds in the avian industry. They are out looking for worms all the time. The are the early birds and they work all through the day until almost sunset.

That’s why Batman hires him. Hard worker. And he looks good in tights.

Are we sure we're not talking about a tiny 3 wheeled car that the British used to make?

Back