Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

Sounds like the fellow who worked at the wooden roof covering factory and got chewed up by the machinery.

Doctor says it was the worst case of shingles he has ever seen.

Or the guy who goofed off at the match factory and got fired.

Yesterday I went to McDonald’s and ate a kid’s meal. I could not believe how upset his mother was. Sheesh.

I heard the worker who fell into the hydraulic press were under a lot of pressure.

"He’ll probably get a lot of needling from his friends."

This is certainly worthy of its own "thread" ...

Or the butcher that backed into the meat grinder and got a little behind in his work...

I knew a guy at the tire shop that would put confetti in the tires he installed.

His thinking that the customer could still celebrate whenever there was a blow out.

A riddle:

What starts with a W and ends with a T

A fellow arrived at his place of employment dragging a clam on a leash.

It must be difficult to start work with a pulled mussel

323620416_3383937395217687_6541331208356924678_n.jpg

BTDT.

Had to swap a few heavy hand tools from my checked bag with some shirts and socks from my carry-on. Not worth arguing about the stupidity of the matter with a clueless person at the check-in counter.

BTDT.

Had to swap a few heavy hand tools from my checked bag with some shirts and socks from my carry-on. Not worth arguing about the stupidity of the matter with a clueless person at the check-in counter.
Same!

When flying with my mother about a year ago she had 2 checked bags, one was about ~5lbs over the limit while the other was a bit under. We had to hold up the line for about 10 minutes as we repacked the bags to distribute the excess.
They wouldn't give us even 1 pound of grace over the limit so it was, quite literally, a trail and error process of guessing how much weight we had to move. Re-zip the bag, re-weigh it, try again. We didn't argue about it with the airline lady, but that doesn't mean I wasn't laughing on the inside at the absurdity of the whole experience.

Same!

When flying with my mother about a year ago she had 2 checked bags, one was about ~5lbs over the limit while the other was a bit under. We had to hold up the line for about 10 minutes as we repacked the bags to distribute the excess.

They wouldn't give us even 1 pound of grace over the limit so it was, quite literally, a trail and error process of guessing how much weight we had to move. Re-zip the bag, re-weigh it, try again. We didn't argue about it with the airline lady, but that doesn't mean I wasn't laughing on the inside at the absurdity of the whole experience.

Not absurd at all. There are limits on how heavy of a bag employees are allowed lift by themselves. The weight limit isn't due to the plane, it's due to the baggage handlers. A few pounds might not seem like much to you but lifting those extra pounds on a regular basis as part of your job can drive muskoskeletal health issues.

Not absurd at all. There are limits on how heavy of a bag employees are allowed lift by themselves. The weight limit isn't due to the plane, it's due to the baggage handlers. A few pounds might not seem like much to you but lifting those extra pounds on a regular basis as part of your job can drive muskoskeletal health issues.
fair fair

BTDT.

What tools did they allow you to carry on?

What tools did they allow you to carry on?
Pliers, wire strippers, multimeter, crescent wrench, tape measure, IIRC. Probably one or two others.

Good for you.

I've escalated several times when the 1-striper didn't know their own rules.

From the TSA web site:
https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/items/tools

Tools
Carry On Bags: Yes (Special Instructions)
Checked Bags: Yes (Special Instructions)
Tools 7 inches or shorter (measured from end to end when assembled) may be allowed in carry-on baggage.

Power tools and all tools longer than 7 inches (measured from end to end when assembled) are prohibited in carry-on baggage; these items must be packed in your checked bags.

For tools powered by lithium batteries, see FAA regulations.

Good for you.

I've escalated several times when the 1-striper didn't know their own rules.

From the TSA web site:
https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/items/tools

Tools
Carry On Bags: Yes (Special Instructions)
Checked Bags: Yes (Special Instructions)
Tools 7 inches or shorter (measured from end to end when assembled) may be allowed in carry-on baggage.

Power tools and all tools longer than 7 inches (measured from end to end when assembled) are prohibited in carry-on baggage; these items must be packed in your checked bags.

For tools powered by lithium batteries, see FAA regulations.

However, at the bottom is says:
The final decision rests with the TSA officer on whether an item is allowed through the checkpoint.

So, there's the caveat.

I asked the TSA how often they find suspicious items in luggage
they said it's case by case

Surprised Sioux Gateway didn’t make the list.

Back