It's time to remove the Confederate Flag...

Such an elaborate thought. Right out of the school books.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

And there is a lot written outside the school books. Including books about the small minority of land owners that pretty much stacked the ballot boxes when voting for succession. Longer conversation here and I'll even state that I'm not the guru on this one.

In the end - it was all about slavery. The economics of it, the humanitarian part of it, and the reality that industry in the US was about to change making slavery obsolete.

if you want to get rid of something that's truly offensive, ban country music. man that sht is pure cr@p.

sorry. but it's true. I'm kidding. no I'm not. sorry. I'll shut up now.

brian];1816785 said:
And there is a lot written outside the school books. Including books about the small minority of land owners that pretty much stacked the ballot boxes when voting for succession. Longer conversation here and I'll even state that I'm not the guru on this one.

In the end - it was all about slavery. The economics of it, the humanitarian part of it, and the reality that industry in the US was about to change making slavery obsolete.

But the problem is that it really wasn't.

With regards to your last comment: The North imposing tariffs on competing imported industries was about to destroy the non-industrialized south. The only reason industry was about to win was because they were about to strong arm them via extortion. Buy our **** or you can't buy anything reasonably. Succession was a reaction to getting screwed every which way. The United States want acting like a country.

I say this with reference to the Tariffs of 1828*and*1832 and the nullification crisis.

But the problem is that it really wasn't.

With regards to your last comment: The North imposing tariffs on competing imported industries was about to destroy the non-industrialized south. The only reason industry was about to win was because they were about to strong arm them via extortion. Buy our **** or you can't buy anything reasonably. Succession was a reaction to getting screwed every which way. The United States want acting like a country.

I say this with reference to the Tariffs of 1828*and*1832 and the nullification crisis.

States rights is an important conversation, but just a sideshow to the civil war. (edit).

One might even argue that slavery allowed the south to not move forward with the industrial revolution like everyone else. So the large land owners did the only thing they could at the time. I don't blame them for reacting to the political and economic pressures, but in the end, they had to give up slavery and it wasn't going to be pretty.

Slice it or dice it as you like. In the end, slavery was going to go and the conditions were degrading (even with "liberal pushes from the north") until slavery was gone.

brian];1816808 said:
States rights is an important conversation, but just a sideshow to the civil war. (edit).

One might even argue that slavery allowed the south to not move forward with the industrial revolution like everyone else. So the large land owners did the only thing they could at the time. I don't blame them for reacting to the political and economic pressures, but in the end, they had to give up slavery and it wasn't going to be pretty.

Slice it or dice it as you like. In the end, slavery was going to go and the conditions were degrading (even with "liberal pushes from the north") until slavery was gone.

Let's pretend it was all about slavery, there were still folks with slaves, the Emancipation Proclamation only applied to the southern states, the border states got to keep theirs. The North's intentions weren't as well meaning as history likes to remember. They were mad because they couldn't compete economically with the slave owning south.

What does all this have to do with boobies?

...all of them...

...slowly...

:D

rebel-flag-bikini-1.jpg

:goofy:

confedbikini1.jpg

:idea:

1f3e9d2c6ebfea6b1b0a7f779fedabce.jpg

Boobs do tend to wrap themselves in flags at times. Not that it is always a bad thing.

Oddly, enough, the confederate flags didn't show for almost a century after the end of the war. It was NOT heritage, but a specific racist intent that brought them back to the forefront in the 1950's. The flags used are NOT the national flag of the confederacy but one of the battle flags, so the origins are easy to trace.

It should fly as a symbol of a place in American history we should never forget, Less we repeat the mistake.

Man...if there's a thread I thought might stay on track here, it's this one.

But alas, no. So let me try to re-rail it:

069d1400c652787c4f48ff73c707bb6c.jpg

Oddly, enough, the confederate flags didn't show for almost a century after the end of the war. It was NOT heritage, but a specific racist intent that brought them back to the forefront in the 1950's. The flags used are NOT the national flag of the confederacy but one of the battle flags, so the origins are easy to trace.

Shortly after brown v board of education. . . . . .

Altho....there are times I'd really like to start over from scratch with an entirely new collection of elected officials in Washington DC.

If we could ever start over, i would love to include in the throw out, all the civil rights weenies, gay mafia weenies, mmgw weenies, airplanes are evil weenies, not-in-my-back-yard weenies, and feminist weenies with the entire elected and appointed body, icluding anyone I like, or don't like.

If we could ever start over, i would love to include in the throw out, all the civil rights weenies, gay mafia weenies, mmgw weenies, airplanes are evil weenies, not-in-my-back-yard weenies, and feminist weenies with the entire elected and appointed body, icluding anyone I like, or don't like.

Wow. That post may set a new record here for offending the most people with the least amount of words.

Quite efficient you are!

It should fly as a symbol of a place in American history we should never forget, Less we repeat the mistake.

Yess, less we forget a war started because huge government couldn't let the south go, or rather their money go, but let's forget all about that, because they were...uhh...racists, yeah big mean racists :lol:

Yess, less we forget a war started because huge government couldn't let the south go, or rather their money go, but let's forget all about that, because they were...uhh...racists, yeah big mean racists :lol:

DonLemonClintonGore.jpg

CH_9YX3UsAQMIcP.jpg
th
25683-cino0cauyaaqhcc-jpg-large.jpeg

Last edited:
Man...if there's a thread I thought might stay on track here, it's this one.

But alas, no. So let me try to re-rail it:

069d1400c652787c4f48ff73c707bb6c.jpg

Ugh.... her bare legs all up in those weeds with the bugs and ugh.... poor girl, put some jeans on... or get in bed. Yeah, get in bed.

I'm triggered.

A liberal mouthpiece said it, so it must be true. Can't you find a more credible link on motherjones or vox?

Was there a problem with the sources they cited?

Was there a problem with the sources they cited?

No, it was just an easy way for him to dismiss offhand an opinion he didn't agree with and/or found difficult to accept. Far easier than actually doing research and/or composing a rational thought.

No, it was just an easy way for him to dismiss offhand an opinion he didn't agree with and/or found difficult to accept. Far easier than actually doing research and/or composing a rational thought.

Yep, the north loved the darkies. The article is correct, the confederacy wasn't about mass murders. That's what the Union was for. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_draft_riots

And the civil war was totally about slavery, that's why only 75% of them were freed.

The article was complete bull**** when it started off "the confederacy was about white supremacy"

The entire U.S. was super racist at the time.

Wrong, but keep stiring the liberal pothandle

That's so funny...southern states' writings from the time (thanks Richard):

S Carolina, the first state to secede, stated in their casus belli:

"A geographical line has been drawn across the Union, and all the States north of that line have united in the election of a man to the high office of President of the United States, whose opinions and purposes are hostile to slavery. He is to be entrusted with the administration of the common Government, because he has declared that that “Government cannot endure permanently half slave, half free,” and that the public mind must rest in the belief that slavery is in the course of ultimate extinction. This sectional combination for the submersion of the Constitution, has been aided in some of the States by elevating to citizenship, persons who, by the supreme law of the land, are incapable of becoming citizens; and their votes have been used to inaugurate a new policy, hostile to the South, and destructive of its beliefs and safety."

Mississippi followed with:

"Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery—the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin…"

And Louisiana:

"As a separate republic, Louisiana remembers too well the whisperings of European diplomacy for the abolition of slavery in the times of an*nexation not to be apprehensive of bolder demonstrations from the same quarter and the North in this country. The people of the slave holding States are bound together by the same necessity and determination to preserve African slavery."

And Alabama:

"Upon the principles then announced by Mr. Lincoln and his leading friends, we are bound to expect his administration to be conducted. Hence it is, that in high places, among the Republi*can party, the election of Mr. Lincoln is hailed, not simply as it change of Administration, but as the inauguration of new princi*ples, and a new theory of Government, and even as the downfall of slavery. Therefore it is that the election of Mr. Lincoln cannot be regarded otherwise than a solemn declaration, on the part of a great majority of the Northern people, of hostility to the South, her property and her institutions—nothing less than an open declaration of war—for the triumph of this new theory of Government destroys the property of the South, lays waste her fields, and inaugurates all the horrors of a San Domingo servile insurrection, consigning her citizens to assassinations, and. her wives and daughters to pollution and violation, to gratify the lust of half-civilized Africans"

And maybe the best one, Texas:

"...in this free government all white men are and of right ought to be entitled to equal civil and political rights; that the servitude of the African race, as existing in these States, is mutually beneficial to both bond and free, and is abundantly authorized and justified by the experience of mankind, and the revealed will of the Almighty Creator, as recognized by all Christian nations; while the destruction of the existing relations between the two races, as advocated by our sectional enemies, would bring inevitable calamities upon both and desolation upon the fifteen slave-holding states...."

The civil war wasn't primarily about slavery?

The civil war wasn't primarily about slavery?

The claim was that the civil war was just about slavery. The claim was that there were no other reasons contributing to the civil war.

The claim was that the civil war was just about slavery. The claim was that there were no other reasons contributing to the civil war.

No it wasn't. You missed the word "Almost". But this thread was supposed to be about scantily clad babes!

Back