It's time to remove the Confederate Flag...

The claim was that the civil war was just about slavery. The claim was that there were no other reasons contributing to the civil war.
I counted one post that suggested the civil war was just about slavery but a lot that said slavery was just a very, very small part of it and other issues predominated.

You can read the entire tracts of the documents Tim excerpted and come to your own conclusion about the relative priority of maintaining slavery as a cheap form of labor and the other political and non-slavery-related economic issues.

Last edited:
Tim, please feel free to keep this thread on topic, #3 may yet sway my opinion! I appreciate the off-topic civil discourse too, it's interesting perspective.

Wrong, but keep stiring the liberal pothandle

Was it only a coincidence that there were no non slave-holding states in the Confederacy? Would the Civil War still have taken place if slavery had not existed?

Know how I know you're gay?
(Not that there's anything wrong with that)

Tim posts pictures of good lookin' women in bikini tops, and you're arguing about slavery. Maybe this would be more up your alley, meatgazers:

http://smokinhotfiremen.delilahscollections.com/

That raises a question I was thinking about the other day. Are there any female firefighters? If so, why so few?

That raises a question I was thinking about the other day. Are there any female firefighters? If so, why so few?

I'm guessing that fire departments have a single physical aptitude test, and not a genderized one.

I mean, if you're in a building burning, do you want to the in shape guy throwing you over your shoulder and hauling you out, or the 110lb female trying to drag you out?

Plus women can't pizz on the fire when the water supply runs out.

:goofy:

Back