Good place to hide a spare key on plane?

Thanks for all the tips fellas. Now I know where to look. And so does anyone else in the world with an internet connection

Thanks for all the tips fellas. Now I know where to look. And so does anyone else in the world with an internet connection
I'm not too worried. Anyone with a screwdriver, sidecutters, and enough knowledge to find my keys could have gained access and hotwired the plane anyway.

If I hid keys in my plane.

Which I didn't.

For a Cessna, use a tape wrap to secure one to the outside of the aux power plug If you need it, open the door and cut the tape.

The door lock on my Warrior went bad years ago and my A&P suggested I use a Medeco lock, which is what they use on ambulances, so I did. Man, it’s a PAIN to get a key duplicated (I need to show my registration/ownership card to one of the few locksmiths in town who can reproduce them) but at least I know someone with a tool shed doesn’t have a key to my plane door, I suppose

If I was going to keep a spare key in my plane in the event someone stole my flight bag from a janky crew car, I'd probably zip tie it to some structure behind an inspection panel.
Now we know where your spare key is. ;)

zip tie a set of keys inside an access door.....either the fuel drain or a something on the firewall away from heat.

But, I don't have a spare set on mine.....I'd be SOL if I lost my keys.

Cessna has probably less than a dozen keys, almost any small key, including tool box keys will open one. My spare key is in my truck console, but the primary and extra keys are in the plane.

Reactions: WDD
A wave rake even by an unskilled person can usually operate most of these faster than using the key.

Back