Get A&P license to maintain own Airplane

In your view, what would be the difference between a "commercial rated" vs a "private rated" A&P?
Limit scope of practice. How many private rated would need to know turbine for example. Just as we have private, multi, high performance, complex, etc we could have similar for non-commercial A&P. This idea isn't far from the light sport maintenance training concept.

How many private rated would need to know turbine for example.
1000s. They tried a similar approach in the 90s based aircraft weight. Its very tough to split mx at the private/commercial level. Regardless, follow MOSAIC as I've noted in other threads may just give you what you're looking for.

In your view, what would be the difference between a "commercial rated" vs a "private rated" A&P?

People dont follow the FARs all the time. Just dont get caught. But as to the fines and jail time, I think you're over reacting a bit.

So why dont you switch to amatuer built or put your current aircraft under experimental exhibition which only requires a condition inspection like a E/AB every year?
Because I don’t want to build a plane from scratch and it’s not so simple to find NICE aerobatic planes to buy all over the place. We should legally be able to convert a certified plane to experemental for this purpose, but you can’t

Just saying to break the law and not get caught is an extremely poor argument to govt over reach.

As another poster said, the administrative state only responds and understands force from legislators

Ignore the naysayers. If you're an aviation enthusiast go for it. I got my a&p fresh out of high school, after a few years upgraded to IA to inspect major repairs, annuals. Eventually stashed enough cash to buy a 172 needing some minor repairs. So, go for it
I would say buy a hangar first before even doing the IA, they are basicly unavailable all across the country.

Hangar - IA then work on flying

Because I don’t want to build a plane from scratch and it’s not so simple to find NICE aerobatic planes to buy all over the place.
You can buy an already built amateur plane. No assembly needed. Aerobatic too. Next.

We should legally be able to convert a certified plane to experemental for this purpose, but you can’t
You can. Its called Experimental Exhibition. Matter of fact I believe there are a number of different aerobactic planes already flying as Exp/Exh. So what’s your hold-up? Or do you simply prefer to complain about something?

You can buy an already built amateur plane. No assembly needed. Aerobatic too. Next.

You can. Its called Experimental Exhibition. Matter of fact I believe there are a number of different aerobactic planes already flying as Exp/Exh. So what’s your hold-up? Or do you simply prefer to complain about something?
I get on barn stormers periodicly and these planes are rare
Exhibition places pretty extreme limitations on your plane like range flown etc

They have to add in stupid crap, they can’t just let you own a plane and work on it

Also these catagories still require A&P which is harder to get than the IA

Back