Dan Gryder banned from Airventure

The whole thing, all of it, by all parties, falls in the general category of silliness. Such silliness has always existed, but thanks to the internet, we are far more aware of the silliness in our world. I'm not complaining, I like to laugh.

It is. There’s an episode where he fails at dining and dashing from a Chinese restaurant. That’s an image from the show.

Holy s****. Of course EAA has a right to admit or refuse individuals at will, but publically calling them out like that borders on defamation.
Defamation is the act of communicating false statements about someone that harm their reputation. He was banned from the event. That isn’t false and no other statements were issued.

Interesting that a Bruce Baier appears in the 2010 EAA annual report as a museum volunteer. Now I'm really curious what happened with that one!

Doesn't have to actually win to cost EAA. Witness Campbell's two lawsuits against Sun-N-Fun, over his own banning. Lost them both, but S-N-F had to pay for years of lawyer time.
And this is why we have anti-SLAPP laws. Although they're not perfect.

"Koepnick was asked to leave the EAA grounds July 28 when he was found scavenging through trash bins and residing at a campground after the event had ended, EAA Spokesman Dick Knapinski said." (2015)
Hmmm... I wonder if scavenging (recycling) through some bins you can find some junked Dynon/AFS/Garmin avionics. Good thing I did not go this year :cool:

Hmmm... I wonder if scavenging (recycling) through some bins you can find some junked Dynon/AFS/Garmin avionics. Good thing I did not go this year :cool:
"Koepnick was asked to leave the EAA grounds July 28 when he was found scavenging through trash bins and residing at a campground after the event had ended, EAA Spokesman Dick Knapinski said." (2015)

I think the red was the issue, not the dumpster diving.

I think the red was the issue, not the dumpster diving.
Don't take my comment too seriously. I was daydreaming.

I know. I just thought it was odd the way they worded it, it definitely made it sound like dumpster diving was the issue.
Apparently around the same time he also tried to raise money for a fake nonprofit, stole a car, and forged a check.

Good intentions and all that, but the problem is, publishing the shot is probably gonna cost EAA money and efforts to deal with Dan... again.
It's going to cost Dan money and effort, too. By the time he files appeals to the judgments already against him I have to believe he will be short on cash, if he isn't already. How much was that recent judgment against him?

It's going to cost Dan money and effort, too. By the time he files appeals to the judgments already against him I have to believe he will be short on cash, if he isn't already. How much was that recent judgment against him?
He doesn’t have the money to pay for lawyers now and is defending himself in some of his cases.

you guys are being a little harsh, methinks. gryder's been banned from my hangar for 7 years and he hasn't showed up once. ease up on the poor chap.

Dumpster diving for copies of credit card receipts is profitable.

Recovering items returned for credit or exchanged for functioning replacements is also profitable.

Local Police arrested two guys having a fist fight over which was going to get first dive of a bank dumpster.

A lot of reasons to ban someone for dumpster diving.

Looks like he's now a favored expert commentator of the Cowboy State Daily as well. 19 DG name hits in the two latest articles last week.

Of course, that then gets amplified in other media as well.

Looks like he's now a favored expert commentator of the Cowboy State Daily as well. 19 DG name hits in the two latest articles last week.
Hell, that Cowboy State Daily article first linked above read like a transcript of DG's latest video, which I'm ashamed to admit I watched.

Back