What is your favorite Audio Panel?

WDD

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Vintage Snazzy (so my adult children say)
What is your favorite Audio Panel to drive two coms? Simplicity is appreciated, outer/middle/inner markers not needed, blue tooth nice to have, and plays well with GARMIN mandatory. I will probably never in my life ever listen to a nav frequency. Don’t have a speaker in the plane or a separate hand held mic. My pilot isolation function of choice is to tell people to be quiet.

GARMIN or PS ?

GARMIN 350, 345?

You discount this, but in my experience this is one of the best, most useful, and safety-enhancing features of any audio panel.
That … I would not have guessed. Do you use it for mostly when people are in back seat or when significant other is in right seat?

What is your favorite Audio Panel to drive two coms? Simplicity is appreciated, outer/middle/inner markers not needed, blue tooth nice to have, and plays well with GARMIN mandatory. I will probably never in my life ever listen to a nav frequency. Don’t have a speaker in the plane or a separate hand held mic. My pilot isolation function of choice is to tell people to be quiet.

GARMIN or PS ?

GARMIN 350, 345?
Hi WDD! While this post is 2 years old, I think it is still relevant. Being focused on audio control only has allowed us to provide solutions that don't have any "surprises" and an easy to use interface.
Thanks for asking the question WDD
Mark Scheuer
PS Engineering

That … I would not have guessed. Do you use it for mostly when people are in back seat or when significant other is in right seat?
All of the above and more.

Wife is trying to comfort young daughter who is crying/fussing/etc while on final. Isolate pilot.
Passengers want to talk about the game/movies/beer/whatever and keep stepping on ATC. Isolate pilot.
Passengers want to listen to XM's Prime Country channel while you're more of a Hair Nation type. Isolate pilot.
(Stereotype warning) You and a buddy in front, wife and buddy's wife in back, neither gender wants to listen to the other. Isolate with crew/pax split.

I have more than once just turned on isolate so that I could concentrate or hear ATC instructions.

PMA 450 in a heartbeat. Agree with all that isolate button is a key feature. Also don't need a BT headset, has a USB C charger port, tons of other features. All the rest of panel is Garmin, no issues compatibility wise.

GARMIN or PS ?

GARMIN 350, 345?
If you want the thing where you can talk to your panel, Garmin 350c. It's what I've got, and it's cool to be able to say "Show Traffic" and have the GTN 750 switch over.
Also, if you have a GTN and you don't want physical buttons, you want to control the audio panel from the touchscreen on the GTN, that will require Garmin.

For anything else, PS Engineering is the way to go. They do only one thing, and they do it very well.

love love love my PMA8000G, could see a PMA450c but i still haven't used all the capabilities of the 8000

Passengers want to listen to XM's Prime Country channel while you're more of a Hair Nation type. Isolate pilot.
PMA450B has 4 different music inputs, 2 wired plus 2 Bluetooth. Each seat can have its own music source.
Passengers want to talk about the game/movies/beer/whatever and keep stepping on ATC. Isolate pilot.
PMA450B has a mode where the pilot can hear everything but passengers can't hear the radio. And with HRTF (dimensional audio, IntelliAudio, 3D audio), it's easier to listen to 2 different conversations.

I just picked my plane up from a major avionics upgrade. 10" and 7" G3X Touch, G-5, GFC-500, GTN-750Xi and GTN-650Xi, GTX-345R, WX500m'

My choice for audio panel. PS Engineering 450B.

Back