Trying to get to OSH

Man, there's a lot of LIFR north of you.

front_page_sat_2color.gif

You think you'll get out of there today?

Last edited:
yea what an unseasonable boatload of craptastic weather. ames is at 500 overcast. i need to drum up some instrument students.

Diana ...

Looks like marginal VFR for your friend to get from MKC to IRK today, but doable ... like 1500 - 2000 ovc and 6 miles vis the whole day long. It also looks like Iowa is going to be garbage for the next three days.

What are the odds of heading due east to the Bloomington IL area and hanging a left? Would that put you on the skirts of the stuff enough to do an end run around it?

Just a thought, mindya ....

Well, just landed at Washington, IA (AWG). Ceilings kept dropping and dropping and dropping, so I turned back to this airport and here I'll sit till things look better. The AWOS here says 1300, but I know for a fact that isn't accurate. Hoping to at least be able to make IOW today. I hope Kim is doing OK.

Well, just landed at Washington, IA (AWG). Ceilings kept dropping and dropping and dropping, so I turned back to this airport and here I'll sit till things look better. The AWOS here says 1300, but I know for a fact that isn't accurate. Hoping to at least be able to make IOW today. I hope Kim is doing OK.

GET FUEL WHILE THERE! AWG is by far the cheapest gas in the area. Seems like friendly folks walking around there most of the time.

Wow, you have had quite the adventure! Hopefully you will get there tomorrow, the PM looks decent. :fcross:

If for whatever reason you have to stay in AWG, let me know, that is only 150 NM from me,:yes: and I have a plane tomorrow....

Looking forward to our lunch,

Purdue

Wow, you have had quite the adventure! Hopefully you will get there tomorrow, the PM looks decent. :fcross:

If for whatever reason you have to stay in AWG, let me know, that is only 150 NM from me,:yes: and I have a plane tomorrow....

Looking forward to our lunch,

Purdue
Thanks Brent. :)

Well, after hanging around Washington and studying the weather I finally flew on to Iowa City. Vis still wasn't all that great and I was tired so I decided it was time to quit. Jay had a room available so I was in luck. :)

He was kind enough to let me use his hangar, where my Citabria decided to leak a large puddle of fuel. :redface:

Later we all went out for the evening.

Thanks Jay! :)

Oh, Kim made it all the way to OSH. :)

oh good Diana, i was wondering how far you got. it seemed to clear up this evening.

Well, after hanging around Washington and studying the weather I finally flew on to Iowa City. Vis still wasn't all that great and I was tired so I decided it was time to quit. Jay had a room available so I was in luck. :)

He was kind enough to let me use his hangar, where my Citabria decided to leak a large puddle of fuel. :redface:

You're welcome! It was fun spending the evening with you and Marcus, our pilot friend from Germany. Good dinner, good conversation. We're keeping our fingers crossed for good weather for tomorrow and Sunday!

Jay, thanks for taking care of "our" Diana. We do love her!

Cool!!!

Congrats on deciding to stop. I know you wanted to get to OSH but it sounds like you made a really good decision to stop and get some sleep. Will you be able to sleep, though, without floods outside your room and crazy people yelling at you (including crazy people on the phone!)? :D

Good luck with the rest of the trip tomorrow. Please let us know that you've gotten to OSH safely.

KIOW 261052Z AUTO 31006KT 8SM FEW095 21/19 A3003

partial TAF KCID FM1500 30006KT P6SM SCT035

193nm/044d

looking good for today?

Attachments

• iow-osh.JPG
    iow-osh.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 22
Thanks everyone! What a lucky girl I am to have friends like you all. I love you guys! :yes:

KIOW 261052Z AUTO 31006KT 8SM FEW095 21/19 A3003

partial TAF KCID FM1500 30006KT P6SM SCT035

193nm/044d

looking good for today?

The sun is shining here in Iowa City this morning! Looks like a great day to fly -- and for a fly-in pool party!

:goofy:Yippee!

Sounds like you have a front row seat ( Row 518 huh ). At least you are there instead of way out here in OR. :( :dunno:

BTW what's the weather forcast for the week. ;-)

Dave

100% chance of scorching heat following by a chance of severe thunderstorms with an outside chance of light frost. Typical OSH weather forecast. ;)

100% chance of scorching heat following by a chance of severe thunderstorms with an outside chance of light frost. Typical OSH weather forecast. ;)

HAHAHAHA !:rofl: Ain't that the truth.

Actually from the 10 day out look I was seeing it isn't really that bad this year. :dunno:

HAHAHAHA !:rofl: Ain't that the truth.

Actually from the 10 day out look I was seeing it isn't really that bad this year. :dunno:

That figures. The one year I've actually talked myself OUT of going. :(

Back