the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

Fun Fact 1 - I have my phone linked to the audio panel so I can call for clearance at untowered airports.
Fun Fact 2 - I, being the humble and perfect example of an exemplary citizen, am subscribed to the Amber Alert system. It blares out a warning at the highest volume possible.
Fun Fact 3 - When flying an approach and talking to ATC, getting somewhat important information about cleared for approach, other traffic, etc., AND since I'm that low I also get cell coverage,.......

Yeah, just a bit "distracting". Got to remember where that "Mute" button is on the audio panel.
I have also had that experience. No bueno. At first I thought it was the gear horn... Nope 3 green, then the stall horn... No airspeed is good.. Then I thought it was the master caution until I remembered I don't have one of those. Then I was convinced it was the engine coming from together.

I have also had that experience. No bueno. At first I thought it was the gear horn... Nope 3 green, then the stall horn... No airspeed is good.. Then I thought it was the master caution until I remembered I don't have one of those. Then I was convinced it was the engine coming from together.
I guess you could have also thought - “I’ve got missile lock tone”

I guess you could have also thought - “I’ve got missile lock tone”
Unlike the gear horn and stall horn, he would have recognized the missile lock tone. :cool:

Is it typical for the shop to keep your old alternator when you have a new/rebuilt one put in?

So....... did a couple of approaches with a buddy in our flight club acting as a SP. Approach, go missed, hold, fly approach and land. Grab a $200 burger, switch seats and act as SP to return the favor and fly back to home airport. Really nice morning / early afternoon of flying.

And.... the $200 burger place is airplane themed, with and actual bus jet fuse as part of the building, wing as a counter top, etc. Owner comes over and chats a bit. He's been flying for 40 years. Great! Just got his license two years ago. Fantastic!

Wait, what?

"As long as you don't have an accident, it doesn't matter". Unquote. So, kind of brought into more clarity about this hobby. On one extreme you have some people going to great lengths to get a medical because of a mis coded diagnosis 20 years ago when they were 11 years old. On the other hand you have this.

It's probably unknowable, but I wonder how many people just buy a plane and fly. I also wonder what the accident rate is with unlicensed Cessna warriors vs Sport vs PPL.

But hey, the burger was great!

Back in the day, before everybody had a camera phone and internet in their pockets, you could even get away with a crash [of a ragwing]. Recover the body or apply band-aids as needed, bring in a truck, and haul off the wreckage. I'm talking 50+ years ago, but saw it happen. No FAA, no insurance, no lawsuits. A different era.

Unless (and this will never happen) you have to input a non suspended license number to buy fuel, there is no barrier. And that doesn’t cover whether or not you’re up to date on flight reviews.

Mo gas solves the license number problem.

The Seneca was a bit tight in my hangar that I've had for 8 years. There are only a handful of wider ones at our airport. Luckily one happened to open up the week after I bought the plane. Fits much better.

Before

20240921_142325.jpg

After

20241005_174513.jpg

Next is to get a new tug to better handle the weight.

The Seneca was a bit tight in my hangar that I've had for 8 years. There are only a handful of wider ones at our airport. Luckily one happened to open up the week after I bought the plane. Fits much better.

Before

View attachment 134099

After

View attachment 134100

Next is to get a new tug to better handle the weight.

Go big or go home:
1728231708966.png
might mean you need another hangar to store this guy

TIFO my pickup is speed limited to 93mph.

I crossed 500 hrs retract time today!

Unfortunately my insurance won't go down because I don't have any insurance because I don't own a plane.

Unfortunately my insurance won't go down because I don't have any insurance because I don't own a plane.
This is a sign - go but one.

Insurance can't go lower than zero, can it?

My plane was started for the first time yesterday after 4 new cylinders, power flow exhaust and an EI engine Monitor was installed. It’s been two and a half years - Long story but here’s hoping a November 1st sign off and back in the air just in time for cooler temperatures

TIFO my pickup is speed limited to 93mph.
FWIW, that's 1 mph above the top speed of a stock 1988 Bronco. 351W-FI, C6, stock tires. Up hill, down hill, pulling a trailer, didn't matter, that's as fast as it would go...and it was a little spooky at that speed. I think 1 year off from the OJ Bronco. Mine was close to a midnight blue, much better color.

So maybe you have the "speed limited but able to escape from some California killers" version. :)

FWIW, that's 1 mph above the top speed of a stock 1988 Bronco. 351W-FI, C6, stock tires. Up hill, down hill, pulling a trailer, didn't matter, that's as fast as it would go...and it was a little spooky at that speed. I think 1 year off from the OJ Bronco. Mine was close to a midnight blue, much better color.

So maybe you have the "speed limited but able to escape from some California killers" version. :)
I was a little surprised because my '97 pickup and ever other modernish vehicle I've had stops at 100. I was passing 2 cars and a semi, and wasn't really watching my speed until I saw a warning message pop up on the dash. Thing was so rock solid I had no idea I was going that fast.

Many years ago as college graduate just into my first job, I had "value" transportation. A Dodge K car.

It was speed limited to 65 MPH. No computer coding needed. I just wouldn't go any faster. :cool:

Back