Really Cool New NeverWet Technology

I'd sure put that on my plane. Cleaner, more resistant to bugs, more corrosion resistant, and resistant to inadvertent ice.
What more could you ask for?

I'd sure put that on my plane. Cleaner, more resistant to bugs, more corrosion resistant, and resistant to inadvertent ice.
What more could you ask for?

something that could be painted at some point after this is applied?

something that could be painted at some point after this is applied?

Like all coatings, Im sure it could be stripped. In fact, their ice test had a circle in which they removed the coating. For leading edges though, Im sure it would need to be re-applied like rain-x every so many months.

Only use I could see would be if it shed bugs like it does chocolate syrup ;)

Last edited:
Won't shed bugs, since the stuff that really sticks to airplane is hydrophobic (oily) just like the coating.

I'd wonder how long the coating lasts. Take my favorite hat and make it impervious to water. Sounds pretty cool, unless the stuff breaks down quickly.

I'd be interested in testing it come icing season... Provided it doesn't have harmful side effects on my very expensive boots. :eek:

I'd be interested in testing it come icing season... Provided it doesn't have harmful side effects on my very expensive boots. :eek:

I don't think I'd put it on boots. If I were going to test it I'd put it on some non-protected surface that normally ices up and only on one side of the plane so you could compare.

I'm thinking the nav light covers, or may by the fuel caps, or spinners or something you can see from the cockpit. If one ices up and the other is clear ya know it works.

I don't think I'd put it on boots. If I were going to test it I'd put it on some non-protected surface that normally ices up and only on one side of the plane so you could compare.

I'm thinking the nav light covers, or may by the fuel caps, or spinners or something you can see from the cockpit. If one ices up and the other is clear ya know it works.

Good point. Actually an ideal point for comparison to start would be the leading edge between the engine nacelle and the fuselage. Gets ice, easy to see, and has no boots there.

The Home Depot reviews indicate0 that it dries to be about as slick as 220 GRIT sandpaper and dark blue.

Good point. Actually an ideal point for comparison to start would be the leading edge between the engine nacelle and the fuselage. Gets ice, easy to see, and has no boots there.

We will anxiously awaiting your test results! :yes: :yes:

We will anxiously awaiting your test results! :yes: :yes:

I might need a reminder come September. One of my friends with an RV and no icing experience wants to try it... I suggested he wait until someone more knowledgeable in icing try it out first.

Phase 1 is 10% proprietary goo dissolved in 90% paint-thinner.
Phase 2 is silicone oil in 97% acetone.

Just a bump... I'll be watching eyes wide open this winter to see where this goes..

Their website says ice buildup on aircraft wings but they show no links or point to any applications of it on an airplane.

Has anyone put this stuff on their plane? :dunno:

I put it on a hat - does that count?

It works as advertised, but it does leave a textured surface like very light frost.

I'm getting ready to build a large metal building and have been wondering what to coat the framing with. I'm going to have to look at the cost, and application but I might try this. I really hate painting and if this stuff will go 15 years outside and repel water it might be worth a look. Or, I could just do a part of the frame in this stuff and the rest with some metal etch primer and then regular paint and compare.

I'm getting ready to build a large metal building and have been wondering what to coat the framing with. I'm going to have to look at the cost, and application but I might try this. I really hate painting and if this stuff will go 15 years outside and repel water it might be worth a look. Or, I could just do a part of the frame in this stuff and the rest with some metal etch primer and then regular paint and compare.

I think you're going to find that it would be incredibly expensive to coat an entire building with.

I think you're going to find that it would be incredibly expensive to coat an entire building with.

Just the framing. I'm going with R-panel for the wall covering.

Back