Moving GAMInjectors

NealRomeoGolf

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
NRG
I feel like all I do is post stupid questions, so here's another one. I'm planning on ordering a new engine (factory rebuilt Lycoming IO-540) so that I can get away from my dual mag. Lead time is 18 months. Wheee! Anyway, this is an engine swap. I give them my old one, they give me the new one. I have GAMIs on my current engine. Would they work on the new engine or would I need to break in the new one, send GAMI the data and then get new ones? I feel like I have to do the latter but it would be nice if I didn't have to. The whole cost of this is eye watering. Would be nice to save a few bucks.

You can probably use some of them after getting the data. There aren’t that many different sizes, so likely you can reuse.

Easy answer is to contact them and ask.

I need to break in the new one, send GAMI the data and then get new ones
That. Although I THINK I read that GAMI only charges for the ones that need to be changed. It's not like you have to buy the STC again.

Actually for around 100 bucks GAMI will reactivate that engine account for another year and will keep swapping injectors until you’re happy at no additional cost. But if you make sure the old injectors are put on the same cylinders in the OH engine, it may still be right on.

Back