Mid Air 2 fatal

Well I can tell you that my father was the one in the C-170 and was also my CFI. I can tell you that I know without a doubt that he was talking on the radio as I have over 2,000 duel hours with him where radio communication was his biggest concern. He would always radio where we were in a pattern even if we were in the middle of Wyoming coming home from a cross country flight.

I also want to point out that we had access to a super cub without radio equipment. My Dad immediately bought a handheld radio that we could plug headsets into so we could fly with a radio. My father never missed a radio call within 20 miles of an airport. Even if we were 2,000+ above the traffic pattern on flight following I was trained to switch to UNICOM for that airport and announce I was flying over.
I'm sorry for your loss. (That seems so hollow, but it is truly meant.) Welcome to Pilots of America. If it helps you, please continue to come here to let us know your thoughts. Beware, though, some of our members can be insensitive.

Well I can tell you that my father was the one in the C-170 and was also my CFI. I can tell you that I know without a doubt that he was talking on the radio as I have over 2,000 duel hours with him where radio communication was his biggest concern. He would always radio where we were in a pattern even if we were in the middle of Wyoming coming home from a cross country flight.

I also want to point out that we had access to a super cub without radio equipment. My Dad immediately bought a handheld radio that we could plug headsets into so we could fly with a radio. My father never missed a radio call within 20 miles of an airport. Even if we were 2,000+ above the traffic pattern on flight following I was trained to switch to UNICOM for that airport and announce I was flying over.

Welcome to POA. I am terribly sorry for your loss. It is no doubt one of, if not the worst thing you have had to endure. It must be kind of tough to read these impersonal posts about how see and avoid is all we need, how if we all just looked out the window we'll all be fine, how mid air collisions are statistically insignificant and basically how there is nothing that can be improved on. Oh, and I bet you have had to hear somebody somewhere say "At least he died doing what he loved..." :rolleyes:

My condolences.:(

Welcome to POA. I am terribly sorry for your loss. It is no doubt one of, if not the worst thing you have had to endure. It must be kind of tough to read these impersonal posts about how see and avoid is all we need, how if we all just looked out the window we'll all be fine, how mid air collisions are statistically insignificant and basically how there is nothing that can be improved on. Oh, and I bet you have had to hear somebody somewhere say "At least he died doing what he loved..." :rolleyes:

My condolences.:(
Couching your rant in phony condolences. Disgusting.

Back