I’m calling the peak

right after summer vacation season, kids back in school, winter weather grounds half the country 3 months later.

that said, this is not what this is about. This is the economy finally telling the heroin addicts, last call. The organic sales are coming. Sellers are clowns, but liquidity is going to be real wake up call for all these financed millionaires. As I listed on another thread, insulted retorts to my cash offers are no longer the case, I now get counter offers and email replies to follow up. Anecdotal, but I've seen willingness to negotiate down 15% from listed price already. Airplane was junk for the money and still overpriced which is why I passed, but just making the point that seller would have ghosted me or insulted me two years ago. Lots of "last buyer financing fell throuh", "life forces sale" now. Yeah, that's called it's not worth what you say it is, it's worth what the guy with cash on hand says it is.

If I was interested in TW ownership (I'm not), I'd already be back in the game at the same capex as the arrow in 2013 (inflation adjusted), fact. Things are softening, which is good I want my stolen labor value back.

Just got a new car instead (stick shift, rare find in the economy sedan market) for 2K below MSRP, dealer was a ghost town. Of course it would, I'm a cash buyer and the banks are running for the hills, so all the edgars down here in SAT financing overpriced cars for 60K on 50K/yr on 8% are finally getting sidelined. At any rate, they let that car go to me for almost 50% less than those "name brand" clownshoe shops were asking to overhaul that thrice re-used 1890s steam engine on the Arrow last year, before R/R mind you. Value. Yeah, I'm having a blast driving my sticky shifty new car around while I pick my teeth until they get real on the value proposition.

Glad to hear Viking came out with a 175hp offering for mid 20s. Wishing them and the rest of the auto conversion favorable luck in finding some traction on the homebuilt side, we need powerplant pricing competition on the 160-200 sustained hp market, it's killing the hobby.

Last edited:
Back