Gaston’s 2024, who’s in? Sept. 27-29. 3M0 or KBPK.

Which weekend

• Sept. 20-22

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Sept. 27-29

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Oct. 4-6

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
About 3 months ago I went out there and there had been a monsoon that came through. They were tornadoes. gastins didn't have water or power and it was an absolute mess The end of the runway near the restaurant had about a 15 ft pool of water but we were able to get in and out just fine. This was the day after the field was damp but there was only standing water in that one little area

73e187c3dec87928978cd7d4b67e7ed0.jpg

Stopped at KSIK for lunch at Lamberts with [mention]mandm [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's with the plungers at Gaston's? Does every clogged toilet become a two-man job?20240927_223808.jpg

For anybody else inbound today, the field is in great condition and the ceilings are reported at 7,000 ft but they look to be infinitely higher than that. Very calm

For anybody else inbound today, the field is in great condition and the ceilings are reported at 7,000 ft but they look to be infinitely higher than that. Very calm
I just landed. Touch of windshear on final, but not unmanageable. Vref+10 should do it. It’s smooth above 2500MSL, pretty high ceilings, temperature 19, dew point 13, altimeter 29.81.

Us old guys are talking about your visit to Gaston's - it's been years since we went.

The DamOne Arrival.
Fog over the river every sunset.
Peacocks.
Beating up the strip.
Renting a boat on the lake?
Hoping you go to the Dam tonight (with one legal driver).
Taking the restaurant manager to task, lol?!
If you take out a bonanza fuel pump laying under it in the grass, be sure to do a tick check later.
Bus rides to the Outback?
Night landings?
Under the power lines river buzzjobs?
Sunrise patrol?

Thanks for the photos.

Back