ForeFlight versions

Which ForeFlight version is best for ppl?

• Basic

• Pro

• Performance

• Some other EFB

Results are only viewable after voting.
Foreflight basic is all you'll need initially. Plus adds the georeferenced plates and helpful for taxiing on airports so there's some value there. Performance plus adds tons of functionality you won't need, like PDC (Pre-Departure Clearance), 3D view of airports (kinda useless).

... 3D view of airports (kinda useless).
The 3D view is kinda useful if you're flying into airports in valleys. I ended up using Google Earth to research for my long cross country.

The 3D view is kinda useful if you're flying into airports in valleys. I ended up using Google Earth to research for my long cross country.
One thing that Google Earth is good for is viewing the area surrounding an airport and helping to answer the question “what around here looks like the airport and can lead me to land at the wrong place?”.

Non-aviation example - arithmetic is now taught using calculators in elementary schools. Students no longer understand long division, which is a problem for those math and computer science majors in college. They freak out (and fail exams). Worse, they don't understand why it's important. Don't get me started on paper & pencil, most can't even print legibly.

Back