Anti-collision lights?

I am thinking of putting two flashing red anti collision lights on the roof of my wifes car...

In light of the NPRM and the text therein, I am willing to concede the point.
Unfortunately, I don't know if the FAA enforcement arm would, but I think one would have a good chance of winning an appeal. :fcross:

I cannot think of a time when, on a daytime flight, I have spotted another airplane because of its anti-collision lights or, having seen another plane, even been able to tell the AC lights were on.
that was my thought exactly!!!

The ONLY exception that comes to mind is when seeing an aircraft on the ramp with the beacon ON, I know that the prop is probably going to start spinning soon.

I find it a bit interesting that with all the rules we have centered around GA flight, and all the time that has passed giving the opportunity for correcting and clarifying, that we still have so much ambiguity and we have so many things like this that defy basic common sense.

At Oshkosh, we have a station for a crossing guard by the hangar cafe where we taxi airplanes across the road. One year one of our volunteers was in the little plywood booth when a plane taxiing struck the booth with the wing. We got him a vest that said "Don't hit me" and gave him a hat with a rotating beacon on it at the volunteer dinner.

I find it a bit interesting that with all the rules we have centered around GA flight, and all the time that has passed giving the opportunity for correcting and clarifying, that we still have so much ambiguity and we have so many things like this that defy basic common sense.

from the regulator's perspective, that sclerosis isn't the bug, but the feature.

If you have had zero in 47 it does, but maybe things will get interesting in the next 7.
Maybe I just appear suspicious.
And I’d be willing to bet that they were like the overwhelming majority of mine, in that they were nothing resembling a bad experience.
Very brief and routine, probably less than ten minutes.

It's not a big deal, unless you don't have the documents they want to inspect.
The only bad thing about it for me was that the wind was howling at Lancaster, CA, (as it often does), and one slip of paper from my wallet got carried away by the wind. Fortunately, that particular document was not aviation-related, and easily replaced. The only other remarkable thing about the encounter was that when I mentioned who I was renting the plane from, the inspector commented, "That's a good outfit," which was a little surprising, given that it's based about 400 miles away.

Once in 50 years (off and on flying). It was at an airshow with my friend's T-34. No big deal. Except he did ask for some things that were in the logs, but was fine with the answer that if he wanted to see them, I could arrange that.

Back