aircraftspruce.com vs. pilotshop.com?

Jim_R

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jim
I'm looking to buy an eyeball vent that's made overseas and not carried by a lot of vendors in the US. Aircraft Spruce carries it, but it's been on backorder for a few weeks now, and the in-stock date keeps getting pushed out.

I've been looking for alternate vendors, and came across pilotshop.com. It appears to be nothing more than an alternate web presence for Aircraft Spruce, using an interface similar to their "old" website. Lists the same Corona, CA and Peachtree, GA bases of operation, and mentions the Irwin grandkids on the About Us page.

Stock and pricing seems to be identical to the Aircraft Spruce site, including the backorder status of my particular part.

One big difference: Aircraft Spruce offers free shipping for orders over $500, but pilotshop.com gives free shipping for orders over $75!

Can anyone confirm that pilotshop.com is legit (just another arm of Aircraft Spruce), and not some clever North Korean phishing site?

The domain is owned by Aircraft Spruce.

I suspect the differentiation is to allow them to compete against people like PilotMall.com who offer similarly low shipping.

Same people, different front-ends on their e-commerce sites. I got a store credit on a product from Pilotshop and have used up the money buying items from Spruce.

Back