A barbecue adventure, the saga unfolds.

IMG_5849.jpeg
It actually worked pretty well. I couldn’t even taste the seasoning in the tri tip but moister levels were perfect. The chicken had more of a taste but it turned out great. I deliberately under seasoned them as to not impart a significant taste, which is what I was going for. The Other Person does not like heavy flavoring.

K81 has a bbq joint on the field.
We-B-Smokin' is great! Their ribs are especially good. Normally I'm a brisket and pork guy instead of ribs, but their ribs are the best thing there IMO.

I also like the pictures they had up last time I was there - Marine One landed there for President Obama to have a $100,000 hamburger. Regardless of politics, it's cool that a sitting president got the experience of landing at a small GA airport and getting food. I wish they could all have that experience, and hopefully learn a thing or two from it!

The pork butt is working, the lunch brats are almost ready, and the two slabs of back ribs will be going on in about an hour and a half.

The two top rounds are already finished, rested, and just went into the fridge. One is for a neighbor. 130F for a solid med-rare, they make outstanding sandwiches.

74680843026__D1028951-4CCE-4499-9C91-210A48C3A143.jpeg

That looks good. I have a tri tip and chicken thighs waiting for tonight's grill session.

Not smoked, but I made grilled Greek chicken kebabs yesterday, served with rice (cooked with Greek seasoning) pita heated on the grill, a Greek salad, and store-bought hummus.

1725130438594.jpeg

1725130501509.jpeg

Nothing wrong with a good kabob. Sometimes I do sticks of beef and chicken. I'm not sure what cuts of lamb would be best, but lamb kabob in souvlaki sauce is bomb. The store carries mostly legs, shanks and chops.

Back