2016 year in review

What about those who divorced this year? Not me, but them, over there, somewhere. Maybe they don't care anyway. Never mind.
a big thank goodness thats over :D

Took delivery and got checked out in the Beech 18
Made my first real world single engine landing in a twin (couldn't get prop out of feather on the Twin Beech)
Flew my first jet and got an SIC type in the Citation
Got the LOA to do rides in the Waco
Started getting paid to fly
Flew my first international flight as a pilot (Cancun)
Flew my first Angel Flight
Sold my Baron (but I still get to fly it)

Looks like by the end of the month, I'll have logged about 270 hrs in 2016.

Not a bad year for flying.
Nice! Love the Beech 18, my favorite airplane to fly as of now. Whatd you think of the single engine perfomance, I was pleasantly surprised how manageable it was.
Sometimes, the divorce can bring more tears of joy than the marriage. :D:eek:
YMMV, of course. :rolleyes:
fact!

I ended up about 167 hours,
100XC
30 multi,turbine, tailwheel, PIC, and a few of that solo.
all in all a good year.

Flew around 100 hours.
Cloud Nine upgraded from the 310 to the 414, which has been a phenomenal improvement, doubling our capacity (40-50 dogs is the norm, now)
Flew a 414 for the first time on the ferry flight of Cloud Nine's new bird that had been sitting for 6 years. @jesse was afraid to fly in the same state while that was happening.
Got MT 4-bladed propellers on the 414 (a huge improvement), and also overhauled the fuel systems as well as new fuel and oil hoses, plus some other maintenance and upgrades.
Celebrated 10 years of working in the aviation industry. I'd say where did the time go, but I knew where it went! Mostly through about 50,000 gallons of 100LL, and a couple thousand of Jet-A. :D

All in all, a good year. I do miss the 500-hour years I used to fly, but the current pace is appropriate for the changes in life. Looking forward to 2017!

Back