Would you like to take a menu with you? (semi rant)

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
Okay, this is odd, and I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I'm all suited up in my biking clothes, ready to leave from the burger joint when a burger girl comes outside with a menu and says "Would you like to take a menu with you?" My response was "I'm not sure where I'd put it." I mean I suppose I could fold it over a couple times and stuff it in to my already stuffed jersey pockets, but I already know what's on the menu and I don't particularly need one. So I take off and ponder the question. What did she mean by that?

1. "My friend thinks you're hot and she asked me to give you my number, which is written inside the menu." Wishful thinking I suspect, horrid missed opportunity if it isn't. But let's analyze this - propositioning a customer in writing using Company material is probably at least a councelable offense, so it probably isn't one of the young hotties that thinks I'm too old for them anyway. It's probably the fat manager broad if that were to be the case.

2. "You order the same damn thing every single time you come here, and I'd just like to point out that we DO have other things on the menu. I realize you're a low carb guy. I get it. We have salads too. You might want to take this with you and study it for next time. Plus we take bets when we see you and I want an edge up." First of all missy, that isn't exactly true. I've had your salads before, and yes they are good. Furthermore, I've had several permutations of your lettuce wrapped burgers. Like, for example, a lettuce wrapped burger and a side salad. Just today I ordered my two burgers with Swiss AND added avocado. By the way they were yummy. Can't help you with your gambling problem.

3. I'm a complete and utter ditz, and I'm supposed to offer menus to all customers, which in fact I pick at random but you looked like a good candidate. It never really occurred to me that the reason you order your food for here instead of to go is because stuffing burgers and salads in your jersey pockets is messy at best and how would you eat them anyway.

4. I'm a trainee, and I really kind of feel stupid about this and I think my coworkers are picking on me but they ordered me to offer you a menu to go. The first two previous customers they picked were a setup. I can't wait until my job application for a Google internship comes back because I really can't stand this line of work. At least I hear when they f**k with interns over there it's less obvious and more creative.

5. We're all dentists at heart and we like to deliberately put you in awkward positions. There is a reason why we ask you if you want your order here or to go, even though we know you always order here plus we know you rode your bike here. Just wait until you come back next time. We have something extra special in store for you.

6. We like biker dudes and we think you guys in your tight spandex shorts look hot even though our cooks think you look gay. We're hoping that you will take this menu with you and spread the word among your friends so more of you will come by. Plus you guys eat so much after riding sixty miles with twenty more to go. Our profit margin is fairly good with you guys.

7. The local police department thinks you are in to illegal activities, and has asked us to help keep tabs on you by giving you a menu with an embedded GPS tracking chip. Nevermind that they can track your phone, we guess that by taking a menu willingly you have accepted an implied consent condition. They suspect you are using, if not distributing illegal performance enhancing doping agents. Look baby, I'm not the biggest, baddest biker on the block. I'm pretty good, but there are a lot of other guys out there that are better than me and they don't even dope it up. But yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of fast riders that do it though.

You definitely just missed out on her. I thought the Sac Arrow had game?

"Biking Clothes" I thought you were talking about Leathers and a Harley until #6 and you said tight Spandex shorts.:)

Just stop the adderall, everything will be okay...

You definitely just missed out on her. I thought the Sac Arrow had game?

Yeah well, my game was off. But seriously, think of the repercussions of laying a number on a random dude you know nothing about:

"Hey honey, this is a menu from my favorite burger place, would you like to take a look at it?"

"Sure, here you go."

"WHO is Miranda, 707 455-9755?"

"Umm....."

"Biking Clothes" I thought you were talking about Leathers and a Harley until #6 and you said tight Spandex shorts.:)

Well, "jersey" in #1 should have given you a little bit of a clue. Harley dudes don't wear jerseys. Oh, yeah, there are the Brits that buy Harleys and sport their favorite Rugby colors when they ride. Nevermind.

Yeah well, my game was off. But seriously, think of the repercussions of laying a number on a random dude you know nothing about:

"Hey honey, this is a menu from my favorite burger place, would you like to take a look at it?"

"Sure, here you go."

"WHO is Miranda, 707 455-9755?"

"Umm....."

Probably should go back and tell her you changed your mind about the menu.

X2

I'm sure we can rule out #1 :wink2:

More likely they want people to walk out with the menus and then leave them somewhere for others to see.

More likely they want people to walk out with the menus and then leave them somewhere for others to see.
You really know how to kill a good fantasy. Then again, she probaly looked like the lady from the old Wendy's commercial still looking for the beef[cake]!

ar120593348256134.jpg
617104d1306885551-hot-mountain-biker-chick-passion-blatant%252520girlwatching.jpg

Okay, this is odd, and I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I'm all suited up in my biking clothes, ready to leave from the burger joint when a burger girl comes outside with a menu and says "Would you like to take a menu with you?" My response was "I'm not sure where I'd put it." I mean I suppose I could fold it over a couple times and stuff it in to my already stuffed jersey pockets, but I already know what's on the menu and I don't particularly need one. So I take off and ponder the question. What did she mean by that?

1. "My friend Carl, the fry cook thinks you're hot and he asked me to give you his number, which is written inside the menu. Cuz, his gaydar went sproing!"

FIFY.

6. We like biker dudes and we think you guys in your tight spandex shorts look hot even though our cooks think you look gay. We're hoping that you will take this menu with you and spread the word among your friends so more of you will come by. Plus you guys eat so much after riding sixty miles with twenty more to go. Our profit margin is fairly good with you guys.

I'm with the cooks:

lbritain2main_070124041506397_wideweb__300x456.jpeg

Exactly. Or management is on a kick, trying to encourage the take-out, delivery, and/or phone-ahead crowd -- and has ordered every employee to offer a menu to every customer, without fail (even if you have to chase them out into the parking lot). Happens a lot around here.

Or, y'no, she could be into you.

Haha! I've never heard a guy analyze a question like that so much in my life! You'd make a great girl and that's coming from one. :p

My guess is she's encouraged to make you take one so you or someone else will think to eat there more or she wasn't paying attention.

My question is why in the world would a biker guy in spandex eat at a burger joint? Isn't that the opposite of what hard core exercisers do? I never even understood why they wear them on the trails. It seems like they're showing off.

Last edited:
Well hey maybe she saw something she liked. I mean girls working at burger joints don't just hand out menus like that.... she obviously wants him and badly.

Either that or it has something to do with international espionage. These are the only likely reasons I can think of...

Hey employette . . .your job right now is to go outside and hand out menus to everyone on the patio. . ..

"what should I say?"

uh, I dunno, how about "would you like to take a menu with you?"

Were you on the patio?

Were you everyone?

you qualify. It was that simple.

Does the spandex outfit make you ride faster? Is it similar to adding stickers to racecars?

What a great OP. Tip of the hat sir, well written.

Nah, I checked with Carl... He said, "meh."

Paul :)

More accurately, "Carlos."

Haha! I've never heard a guy analyze a question like that so much in my life! You'd make a great girl and that's coming from one. :p

My guess is she's encouraged to make you take one so you or someone else will think to eat there more or she wasn't paying attention.

My question is why in the world would a biker guy in spandex eat at a burger joint? Isn't that the opposite of what hard core exercisers do? I never even understood why they wear them on the trails. It seems like they're showing off.

Does the spandex outfit make you ride faster? Is it similar to adding stickers to racecars?

Yes it does make you faster but that's not the main reason for wearing it. The biggest things are abrasion, snag factor and sweat control. Riding in shorts and a tee shirt is fine for a few miles, but when we're talking rides in excess of 50 miles it makes a big difference. I did 80 yesterday. The thought of wearing waterlogged cotton for 60 of them is a no go.

Oh, why do we eat at burger joints. When you burn off 3,000 calories at a whack, you can eat whatever the hell you want. And you probably better replace a couple thousand at some point during the ride.

What a great OP. Tip of the hat sir, well written.

Thank you sir.

Last edited:
My question is why in the world would a biker guy in spandex eat at a burger joint?

Cheap colon cleanse. Some folks even call cheeseburgers 'sliders'. Urrggg, maybe that's a bit too graphic. :p

You're not a biker LOL, you're a bicyclist. Bikers ride around the country on Harley's distributing Crystal Meth. Bicyclists pedal around in spandex and drink lattes.:lol:

You're not a biker LOL, you're a bicyclist. Bikers ride around the country on Harley's distributing Crystal Meth. Bicyclists pedal around in spandex and drink lattes.:lol:

Semantics, semantics.... (Trivia question, you know where the Hell's Angels are based right?)

Semantics, semantics.... (Trivia question, you know where the Hell's Angels are based right?)

Yep, although it's not really 'based' since each chapter has it's own base, but yeah, the club formed first in Oakland I believe.

The bike shorts are a necessary evil if you spend any longer times in the saddle otherwise you can become a bloody mess if you catch my drift...

As far as restaurant choices, if he weighs 190 and avgs 17 mph then he is burning 1,000 calories an hour. He can pretty much eat where ever he wants. But I agree, fast food would make me sick after a ride...

Sonny Berger IIRC, he's interesting lol.

A friend of mine, an older lady, was a reporter for the Oakland Tribune back in the 70's. She had a direct line to Sonny Berger and would get the scoop on major events (shootings, etc.) before the cops got the information.

The bike shorts are a necessary evil if you spend any longer times in the saddle otherwise you can become a bloody mess if you catch my drift...

As far as restaurant choices, if he weighs 190 and avgs 17 mph then he is burning 1,000 calories an hour. He can pretty much eat where ever he wants. But I agree, fast food would make me sick after a ride...

I'm about 180+ (my ideal weight is right around 180) and I do a true flat road average of between 18 and 19 mph on a longer ride. I don't mind fast food, you can eat healthy at fast food if you want. We have a local chain here called Habit Burger which is sort of an upscale fast food place, where you order and get a pager. It's my go to burger joint. Second favorite is Carl's Jr. (Hardee's) since they will lettuce wrap any burger now and they also have salads. Habit is similar to Inn & Out but the burgers are bigger and there are a lot more menu items. I focus on salads if not burgers.

I'm not wondering why she offered you a menu, she was probably told by someone higher on the food chain, hahaha, that's a pun, to give them away.

1. I wonder why someone with your superior intelligence and intellect did not pick up on that?

2. I wondering why it is so hard to just say, "no thank you", and get back to riding your bicycle in your spandex bicycle suit without giving in another thought?

3. I wonder why you would be so haunted by it to the extent that you go on an internet forum and start a semi rant over it?

Last edited:
A friend of mine, an older lady, was a reporter for the Oakland Tribune back in the 70's. She had a direct line to Sonny Berger and would get the scoop on major events (shootings, etc.) before the cops got the information.

I'm about 180+ (my ideal weight is right around 180) and I do a true flat road average of between 18 and 19 mph on a longer ride. I don't mind fast food, you can eat healthy at fast food if you want. We have a local chain here called Habit Burger which is sort of an upscale fast food place, where you order and get a pager. It's my go to burger joint. Second favorite is Carl's Jr. (Hardee's) since they will lettuce wrap any burger now and they also have salads. Habit is similar to Inn & Out but the burgers are bigger and there are a lot more menu items. I focus on salads if not burgers.

No such thing as a flat road around here, 16 to 17 is my avg solo, 18 to 19 in a group. I'm 195 right now, would like to be 180 - 185. Sidelined by a meniscus repair right now.

I typically carry my food with me on rides in liquid form, about 200 cals per hour, 50 miles is a typical ride. I miss it now and winter is coming.

Back