Where can I get an AoA indicator for my cirrus?

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
I've looked everywhere. Wal-Mart, target, Kohls, pretty much everywhere. Just wondering if they are even real, and if so where someone could get one.

Crazy they aren't easier to find or even some videos showing how they work. I feel do lost.

Never been. Which island specifically?.
I have all this money to spend on one.

Never been. Which island specifically?.
I have all this money to spend on one.
Any one Dynon (or any other experimental EFIS developer) will drop ship to. And it doesn't cost all that much. Point and laugh at one poster all you want, but the FAA is pushing AOA awareness and some of us think it's a good thing when taught and applied correctly.

Nauga,
the conical probe guy

I think it's a good idea. 9 threads about it are a bit much.

Dear God, please don't make AoA a 2025 mandate. You know how many planes would be sold rather than install the device?

Mandate, schmandate...

3Zvkn.jpg

Any one Dynon (or any other experimental EFIS developer) will drop ship to. And it doesn't cost all that much. Point and laugh at one poster all you want, but the FAA is pushing AOA awareness and some of us think it's a good thing when taught and applied correctly.

The FAA should push STC's for all experimental EFISs. That will REALLY hasten the roll out of AOA to the certificated community.

Yah, talking out my ass, but it could work.

Surely you have one. I mean, its impossible to fly without one right?

AoA = Account on Amazon, as in how big is your credit card debt?

I thought you drove a Cirrus?

You have one built in.

Just pull the big red handle and check the angle of the strings coming out of the top of the airplane. Subtract from 90 and voila - ye olde angle of attacke.

You mean the cirrus that I just ordered doesn't come with one? Is it too late to return it?

How do you keep propwash from affecting that?

No way that I know of.

Not a problem in a glider or pusher or maybe a conventional twin.

I tried one once in my Sky Arrow but it was fluttering around too much and the angles were too small to be of much use. May try it again with a heavier, longer string to see if that helps.

If it's a 2016 FIKI model, it comes with one.

I don't see why. Everyone knows a Cirrus is disposal. Is kinda like take out boxes. Sure, you can wash and reuse, but why unless you are a starving student with cinder block furniture and top ramen dreams.

Run out of lift? Pull choot. File insurance claim and replace. Makes me wonder why they have removable gas caps too.

If it's a 2016 FIKI model, it comes with one.

Oh no. It's a 2017 FIKi. Hopefully they didn't remove that option.

From what I understand the AOA is in the PFD so it is not located correctly making it useless to my safety of flight.

I guess I will just have to rely on the new led wing lights and qwerty keyboard for my safety and risk not being able to land.

You already have one in your butt. It's probably not calibrated, though.

This might work:

Not on topic, put I saw your post and thought "Hey, that would be handy to have..."

They're $200! You can get one of these for $45 on Amazon, but that's still pretty expensive for silk screened plastic. Jeez.

41MqNRVoNkL.jpg

Back