What kind of Flying do you want to do?

I'd like my own single engine six-seater that goes 300+ knots and burns 10 GPH. Somehow I don't want it much bigger than a 182 RG.

I want it to carry six people, and these are my friends; we all weigh at least 180, if not some of us closer to 230 lbs.

In addition to all seats taken with heavy people; I want full tanks, and these people don't travel light.

I'd like insurance to be affordable, as well as annuals, repairs, and anything else I forgot that costs money.

This plane should cost about $50,000. Then I might be able to buy one a few years old.

:)

I'd like my own single engine six-seater that goes 300+ knots and burns 10 GPH. Somehow I don't want it much bigger than a 182 RG.

I want it to carry six people, and these are my friends; we all weigh at least 180, if not some of us closer to 230 lbs.

In addition to all seats taken with heavy people; I want full tanks, and these people don't travel light.

I'd like insurance to be affordable, as well as annuals, repairs, and anything else I forgot that costs money.

This plane should cost about $50,000. Then I might be able to buy one a few years old.

:)

You finally acquire this plane after years of hard work only to wake up in your bed sweating.

Just about anything in one of these:

I think the relatively low speed crash (survivable in any other aircraft) here in Colorado this year of an AirCam with two fatalities, washed away any interest I have in sitting in a flying bathtub.

I think the relatively low speed crash (survivable in any other aircraft) here in Colorado this year of an AirCam with two fatalities, washed away any interest I have in sitting in a flying bathtub.

Do you have a link to the NTSB report? I would be interested in seeing what went wrong.

To misquote Rene Descartes:
I fly, therefore I am.

Or as the Moody Blues would say:
I fly, therefore I am...I think.

In other words, it does not matter what I fly, as long as I can fly.

Doug

I'd really love to fly a jet! Any jet:)
I'd like to fly internationally in a jet, but I think that's more because I want to see other parts of the world. Doing it on the ground would be OK too.

On the other side of the scale, I enjoyed the little bit of aerobatics I learned. I would also like to try seaplanes. Backcountry in a taildragger low and slow would be fun too, I think.

While we're dreaming, I'd like to fly a Gulfstream, mainly so I have that time in my logbook. And a Lear 24.

But piston twins are a lot of fun.

My first flying would be in a Pitts two seater doing barnstorming to small farm towns giving rides.
Second
Crop dusting

Of all the types of flying that you don't do, what is the ONE type that you most want to do, ie it might be ultra lights or float plane.

Mine is Backcountry flying if the type Bob Bement does. Forest service strips and Backcountry lodges have to be awesome

Right now a fold wing float plane like a Kitfox or Avid...

Back