What is this? See photo

4RNB

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
4RNB
I found this loosely floating near the battery, suspect it is for ground power. Is it? Where do I get the rest? I’d love to hook up to ground power

Attachments

• IMG_6367.jpeg
    IMG_6367.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 98
:yeahthat:
Not for ground power, it's got an inline fuse. Battery minder, desulfator, spare cig outlet, whatever. Also handy for measuring the battery voltage with the master off.

For a battery tender ,need to get the correct model for the desulfator.

Are you flying a experimental aircraft?
My "certified" Bonanza came with one pre-installed. I have had occasion to hook up a battery tender a few times when my last battery wasn't performing up to par. I have since replaced the battery and haven't been using it unless the plan has been sitting for a few weeks or more, which fortunately, hasn't been too often lately.

Yep, it's a quick connect for a Battery Tenderizer. I've got them on all sorts of things around here.

Yes, it's for a Deltran Battery Tender. If you tried to jump the battery with it or do anything besides trickle charge you'd likely set the wires on fire.

Yes, it's for a Deltran Battery Tender. If you tried to jump the battery with it or do anything besides trickle charge you'd likely set the wires on fire.

Doubt wires would set on fire after popping the fuse…

I believe the one that is shown in this thread are only approved for experimental aircraft?
The one approved for certified aircraft is more involved than just a wire with a fuse inline and cost almost 8 times as much.

The one approved for certified aircraft is more involved than just a wire with a fuse inline and cost almost 8 times as much.
And works 1 times better :)

I have one of those on almost every vehicle I own. Those pigtails make hooking up a trickle charger super easy and the Battery Tender 800 022-0150-DL-WH Weatherproof Charger https://a.co/d/cPk6KqR works great for infrequently used batteries.

If you decide to use it for a tender, double-check the polarity (most have a small “+” and “-“ on the connector end, like your pigtail does). We’ve found some generic replacement pigtails and other brands of tenders that were backwards from the actual Battery Tender brand that we were using. I’m guessing there’s internal reverse polarity protection in the tender, but I’d rather not test it.

FYI: there is no difference. All the parts for this application are considered standard parts provided they are purchased from a reputable vendor. The people who sell a "certified" version of a pigtail are using the same parts and simply charging you that additional 8x the cost because they can.

Agreed looks like a wire to hook up a battery tender.

FYI: there is no difference. All the parts for this application are considered standard parts provided they are purchased from a reputable vendor. The people who sell a "certified" version of a pigtail are using the same parts and simply charging you that additional 8x the cost because they can.
No I don't think that is the case Bell.

I believe the one that is shown in this thread are only approved for experimental aircraft?
You will find them installed in a lot of certified aircraft as a minor mod. Not that I could point out any specific aircraft.

FYI, Battery MINDER is the brand with specific models for various types of aircraft batteries.

AFAIK, Battery TENDER only makes for non-aircraft use.

I mainly have Battery Tenders for my cars and Battery Minders for my aircraft

I bought one of the "certified" ones and had the shop install it. So cheaply made. The fuse holder had the wire exposed on the outside of the fuse holder and shorted out on the engine mount on first use. The connection to the battery minder were so over built and caused strain on the tiny wires. A bunch of over priced junk! I was po'ed the shop didn't catch the fuse holder issue.

Back