THC and Delta 9 drinks

Codeine has been a popularly prescribed pain killer for 50 years or more, and has always been an opioid, so that's not a "old guy" blind spot.

You're right. I'm allergic to it so I just never knew.

FAA or not, am I the only one wondering why someone would take a bottle of whatever from a cooler and drink it, without knowing what the f*(*k was in it?

Even if it's not dangerous, it could very easily be some kind of green tea thing that tastes like rotted lawn clippings. Or worse, some extra hoppy hipster IPA. Who needs that?

FAA or not, am I the only one wondering why someone would take a bottle of whatever from a cooler and drink it, without knowing what the f*(*k was in it?

Even if it's not dangerous, it could very easily be some kind of green tea thing that tastes like rotted lawn clippings. Or worse, some extra hoppy hipster IPA. Who needs that?
I know in my case: I grab a bottle of water, or grab a sports drink I’ve had before.

Anything else and I always wonder, “what’s in this stuff?” Not so much because it might have THC but because so many things have caffeine in them. And then I reach for the water instead.

Recently one of our local AMEs has put out a NOTAM on facebook to everyone who may be taking any sort of CBD products. According to him in the last 6 months he has had 4 airman test positive for marijuana on either new-hire or random drug tests while allegedly not partaking in anything other than “lab certified” zero THC cbd products. YMMV, I would recommend following the advice of our good doctor here on the board. “Guard your pee.”

I did a LOT of international travel for my job (visited 154 countries). Beer, wine and sodas are safe to drink. Water, even bottled water may not be.

At one place I was talking with the medical professional. When I mentioned water purity, he showed me is aquarium. It was a 1.4 liter bottle with plants and little swimming things it is. The kicker was........

It was a SEALED bottle of drinking water. He left it on the window sill when he went on vacation and came back a thriving aquarium.

I work in a field where we are subject to random testing. We are constantly cautioned against use of any product containing hemp or CBD.
I take those warnings seriously. I have seen far too many people toss away a good paying job by doing silly things. Alcohol or drugs can get you restricted from working in this field for life.

Back