Test your Taste

popPilot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Pop Pilot
When you think you have the best taste in the world for something, but someone else has completely the opposite taste.
Post something that you hate or love in this thread and see other's reaction.

Here is one that I really really really hate. (I repeat, hate, not love):

1724959405844.png

Pineapple pizza. Please hit the dislike button, I beg you.

When you think you have the best taste in the world for something, but someone else has completely the opposite taste.

View attachment 132890

You know what? I hate it and I’m not even sure if I’ve ever tried it. It’s possible I did many years ago and have forgotten, because I typically will give anything a shot once, but it’s more of a deeply internal religious belief that it is evil, so I’m not sure.

I enjoy a peanut butter sandwich with dill pickle slices and many freak out about that one.

Also raw potato sandwich with nothing but potato slices, butter and salt.

At first I thought that was pineapple upside down cake, without the cherries in the middle of the pineapple. You must be nuts.

Then realized it is pizza, with way too much pineapple, way too big pieces, and no salty country ham bits scattered all over it. Second rate stuff, slapped together the easy way, not right.

My wife eats it with ham, but I give it a pass unless they have real, salty, smoked country ham.

Granpa would take a round puffed rice cake disc, peanut butter, cheddar cheese, apple, and top it into a sandwich with another peanut buttered disk...

It was presumed well hated until I tried it!

You know what? I hate it and I’m not even sure if I’ve ever tried it. It’s possible I did many years ago and have forgotten, because I typically will give anything a shot once, but it’s more of a deeply internal religious belief that it is evil, so I’m not sure.
so, what is the internally hated religious what ever?

View attachment 132890

Come on man, It just needs some bacon.

If you like your pineapple on pizza, you can have your pineapple on pizza. That's... pretty much the size of it. Just don't put it on mine.

Local pizza joint makes one they call the Mahalo. Canadian bacon, chunks of pineapple, and blobs of cream cheese. It’s darned good.

I’m a fan of kimchi, anchovies, and Lagavulin… so I’m sure between those three I can offend nearly everyone. Can’t stand Italian sausage, so most “meat lover” or sausage pizzas are out for me.

If you like your pineapple on pizza, you can have your pineapple on pizza. That's... pretty much the size of it. Just don't put it on mine.
Read the original post… this is NOT how this thread works. Geesh….

so, what is the internally hated religious what ever?
Putting pineapple on pizza is heresy. Vicious murder of a perfectly good pizza and a perfectly good pineapple.

Cilantro. Some people like it but other people think it tastes like soap.

The same people generally don't like bell peppers either.
Some people are more sensitive to a chemical in cilantro... Which is also found in some soaps as well as bugs.

Tastes like soap to me. But I love me some bell peppers.

I enjoy a peanut butter sandwich with dill pickle slices and many freak out about that one.

Also raw potato sandwich with nothing but potato slices, butter and salt.
When mom sliced raw potatoes, she would give me a few slices to eat. I thought they were great with salt. May have to try it again.

Gordon Ramsey himself, THE Chef:

No further questions your honor.

I'm more open minded. I hate beets in any form.
We cancel. I don't think I've ever had a beet I didn't like.
Case in point, roadside takeaway in BFE, New Zealand:
beetburger.jpg
The beets are easy to ID. The round grey thing is reported to be a hamburger patty.
I thought it was pretty good.

ETA: I also like a bit of pineapple on a pizza, as long as it's accompanied by ham or sausage and (fresh) jalapeño slices.
By "a bit" I mean a scattering, not all the effing pineapple you got (as in the pic in post 1).

Nauga,
who has the diet of a campground raccoon

I've eaten pineapple on pizza twice and didn't mind it. Actually kind of liked it. But not enough to eat it more than twice. And the pizza in the photo has way too high a ratio of pineapple to nonpineapple ingredients. You're not supposed to put entire slices on, it's not a f*****g upside down cake. In fact that is a terrible looking pizza even if you envision it without the pineapple.

Worst taste of a food product that purports to be edible that I can think of? Miracle Whip.

Nauga,
who has the diet of a campground raccoon
As my grandpa said when asked if he paid for garbage collection in the little Alaska town he was in, “David and I eat our garbage.”

Better than a diet of campground raccoon.

Raw potatoes are actually quite swell!Just peel,slice,and put salt on.Most people go crazy when it’s mentioned but most haven’t tried it lol

I like frozen burritos. A lot. I don’t want to, I’ve tried to quit… but I can’t.

And then there’s DEEP FRIED frozen bean burritos you used to be able to get at 7-11 in the middle of the night… oooooph, YUMMY. They may have been available during the day, I don’t really know.

They resurfaced at the geedunk at the end of the S-3 hangar on NAS North Island in the 90s. I would just get in line and be handed my 2 $1 burritos at the register… didn’t even have to order! Ha!

Worst taste of a food product that purports to be edible that I can think of? Miracle Whip.

I didn’t know that Miracle Whip wasn’t mayonnaise until my mid 20s….

Hehe, my FIRST breakfast at the Naval Academy. Eyes in the boat I thought I observed people eating unglazed plain donuts so stale you could spread unmelted and very pale butter on them. I was too freaked out in general to realize butter on a donut wasn’t normal…. I asked my roomies about it after the meal, to which they replied “you mean bagels and cream cheese?”

I had NEVER heard of nor seen a bagel!

I digress…

Tools, a little naive from rural Nebraska

Back