Small TFR

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
Just making sure I understand the rules....Small TFR right next but not including KCFO (towered)
I can request transponder code on the ground, get the code, leave for some amount of time (I'm thinking Pueblo for lunch) then return.
I'm not allowed to do pattern work.

True?

Today is the first nice day I've had time to go fly and curses, possibly foiled again.

I talked to FSS last night, his suggestion was to use the east runway that goes N-S and avoid the TFR completely. I mentioned last week that I really appreciate living in the timezone everyone ignores. I spoke too soon.

Seems to me that pattern work on runway 17/35 avoids the TFR.

Just making sure I understand the rules....Small TFR right next but not including KCFO (towered)
I can request transponder code on the ground, get the code, leave for some amount of time (I'm thinking Pueblo for lunch) then return.
I'm not allowed to do pattern work.

True?

Today is the first nice day I've had time to go fly and curses, possibly foiled again.

I talked to FSS last night, his suggestion was to use the east runway that goes N-S and avoid the TFR completely. I mentioned last week that I really appreciate living in the timezone everyone ignores. I spoke too soon.
I don’t see anything that restricts patter work.

Squawk and talk when inside the tfr. I don't see a restriction for pattern work...provided you're squawking.
Screenshot_20241011-121730.png

Back