Sentry Plus Vs Stratus 3

Therookguy

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Therookguy
I've been flying with the Stratus 3 for a while. Absolutely zero issues with it. Good ADS-B. Good GPS backup data. AHRS is a good backup as well, so long as I don't kick it with my foot.

Point is I would like to mount either the Stratus 3 I have now or a Sentry Plus into (expensive) or at least onto the panel so it serves as a better backup AHRS.

Would be like to have the G-Meter on the Sentry as I am a nervous flyer and seeing 1.2g on it would be comforting vs. not knowing, but I don't know if it stands up to the quality of the Stratus

You got me curious about your desire to see g factor. What about it are you interested in? You mention 1.2 but that number doesn’t seem to mean anything to me. It’s a pretty low g. Even a simple private pilot steep turn is 1.4g

is your thinking that it provides better AHRS while on the panel because it won’t move?

I am not familiar with the Stratus, but have used the “standard” Sentry, which gives ADSB, AHRS, and CO2. The suction cup mount is very solid - would have very little concern with it moving. I always mounted it on the rear passenger window. Out of the way, but reachable if needed. In the configuration settings, you tell ForeFlight where it is mounted for calibration. Again - never had an issue.

Normal category limit is 3.8G. TBH you don't need a meter to know you are getting near that. Your body will tell you without a doubt. Suggest you get an acro familiarization flight. 3.8G is about what the bottom of a good loop feels like.

Back