Runway surveillance cameras at Addison

If you're looking for a case study in municipal arrogance, you need look no farther.

Addison isn't the only place where municipal arrogance has occurred.:frown3: Same disease, different symptoms... I shan't say more lest I get my big mouth in trouble...

More interesting (and shorter) would be a list of the places where
municipal arrogance has NOT occurred. (>-{

Now that I think about it, one of the locals was telling me about the city's concern about falling airport revs since the fuel flowage fee has dried up due to reduced activity and consumption. The airport is a huge cash cow for the city, so they are probably looking for something else to tax. If so, one more hangar will soon be available.

If the city/airport has accepted FAA grants, it has a contractual commitment with the FAA called a "Grant Assurance" to keep airport revenues on the airport. A city cannot siphon off airport revenues for use that is not for the benefit of the airport. If they accept federal money for the airport, the airport cannot be a cash cow for the city.

Obviously written by a person who obviously hasn't seen the Addison city counsel at work, or watched da mare at Miegs. Addison doesn't get all wound up about statutes, restrictions, and regulations. They lost a "through the fence" case two years ago, and were told their method of billing landowners for airport access were illegal. They are still billing the adjacent landowners at the original rate.

If the city/airport has accepted FAA grants, it has a contractual commitment with the FAA called a "Grant Assurance" to keep airport revenues on the airport. A city cannot siphon off airport revenues for use that is not for the benefit of the airport. If they accept federal money for the airport, the airport cannot be a cash cow for the city.

If you're looking for a case study in municipal arrogance, you need look no farther.

I just got a notice that my county appraised home valuation went up 14% for next year. Given the general housing market plus the fact that the few homes that have sold in the area did so at a price about 20% below what they were asking I gotta believe that someone at the county is smoking something illegal.

Yes, my hanger owner was a part of that suit that was won at district court level. Addision got a friendly state rep to sponsor legislation with an unnamed city exempting them from a state law that had been violated. That rep. is now running for the Senate. They spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to get around the law; it costs all of us a lot of money each time they do.

Best,

Dave

Obviously written by a person who obviously hasn't seen the Addison city counsel at work, or watched da mare at Miegs. Addison doesn't get all wound up about statutes, restrictions, and regulations. They lost a "through the fence" case two years ago, and were told their method of billing landowners for airport access were illegal. They are still billing the adjacent landowners at the original rate.

Now, now Wayne.

I am confident that, any day now, the Town of Addison will step on up to the plate and compensate the airport for the land taken from the airport to build Lindbergh Rd., and the land taken for the town's Operations center, and the land taken for the police station, and the land taken for the fire station, and the land taken for the toll tunnel, and the land donated to Frito-Lay... just any day now.

And I am certain that they will not charge the airport budget for the rent they pay to rent the office space they had to lease after they tore down the airport operations building so they could give the land to Frito-Lay rent-free.

Oh, wait, I was dreaming... :D

I just got a notice that my county appraised home valuation went up 14% for next year. Given the general housing market plus the fact that the few homes that have sold in the area did so at a price about 20% below what they were asking I gotta believe that someone at the county is smoking something illegal.
It sounds like you need a rash of challenges against your county assessor. It seems to me sales prices are perfectly reasonable to consider; especially with such drastic changes that are being seen today.

Back