Plane Xtreme

Someone mentioned Aviator brew earlier. Were you referring to Aviator out of Apex, NC? If so, I LOOOVVVEE their beer. I wish I had some extra time over Thanskgiving to go get some of their beer to smuggle back to D.C.

I've been watching the show also. I find it interesting that you don the 4-stripe shirts on delivery (LOL). IIRC, you didn't have an autopilot in the Caravan, must've been interesting...

I watched a couple of episodes last night...pretty entertaining, and it's nice that Dave and Stuart stopped by to share their experiences.

Thanks, guys!

Seems that Dave has been a forum member a long time...now his posts per day count.....

Dave,

Thanks for posting about the show and telling the "rest of the story." I enjoyed the extra on TWC site; the fly slaughter was good stuff.

also, I'm sure there might be some curiosity why a faulty fuel guage caused that much drama. The right tank is where we pump the ferry fuel to from the cabin tanks. I was being lazy and was not precisely tracking my fuel

I'm still a student pilot just getting ready for my checkride, but even I was scratching my head about that one. I was sitting here thinking, "I don't think I've ever flown a plane with a fuel gauge that worked! What's this guy's problem?" :D

Looking forward to more episodes!

I loved the show last night. I can't believe you can hand fly a plane like that for 14 hours straight or whatever it was! I was not aware that they made Caravans that stripped down. It looked like it had no pilot or de-icing boots. I am impressed you can fly as long as you do. You mentioned that the show missed the fatigue. You are right. You never looked tired when they showed you.

I watched a couple of episodes last night...pretty entertaining, and it's nice that Dave and Stuart stopped by to share their experiences.

Thanks, guys!

Please remind me how to watch this (I don't have TV). Is it online or do I need to use a friend's DVR to record on Dish?

(I pay for Netflix streaming only and a Roku box)

Please remind me how to watch this (I don't have TV). Is it online or do I need to use a friend's DVR to record on Dish?

(I pay for Netflix streaming only and a Roku box)

It's aired on the primary version Weather Channel. (versus the one that just plays elevator music and repeats the area forecast info).

Likely you'll need to employ your friends DISH subscription and DVR.

It's aired on the primary version Weather Channel. (versus the one that just plays elevator music and repeats the area forecast info).

Likely you'll need to employ your friends DISH subscription and DVR.

Cool I will do just that.

I watched my first episode last night. It was the one where the guy who brews beer on the side (Dave?) ferries a Caravan with some other anti-social guy (Aidan?) to Kenya. I have to say, it was a pretty cool show to watch. There were some times where the sound didn't match the plane, e.g. a 172 flies over and they play a P-51 sound, or the Caravan takes off and it's the start-up sound. But I'm just a picky little jerk.

PS Beer brewer guy: your life is amazing. Brewing beer and flying planes. Sounds like my dream life.

DVR is successful. Apparently there will be 2-3 episodes recorded before this weekend! I will watch when I get time, not sure when that will be, and it might not even be until two weeks from now. Wish I could figure out a way to get stuff off the DVR and bring it home with me (I live alone).

It is times like these the temptation is there to buy Dish Network. But my Netflix is only $8 per month. Can't beat that.

Kimberly

Hey folks, thanks for the feedback. I'm the pilot that turned around in episode 1...I was definately at my all time mental low on that leg coupled with fatigue. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

I enjoy watching. One comment, it seems that the producers are sensationalizing a bit too much.

I've been watching the show also. I find it interesting that you don the 4-stripe shirts on delivery (LOL). IIRC, you didn't have an autopilot in the Caravan, must've been interesting...

I do that too depending on my destination. The locals treat you differently if you are "crew". Looking the part helps. That means slacks, 4 stripes, tie and crew badge. Its also more professional for the client.

Most of the world, especially the developing world, if you aren't wearing the shirt and stripes you are either a passenger or a criminal.

I also enjoyed the show, but I wish there would be some new episodes. It seems like every other day there are reruns.

When do you find out if they're going to carry a full season, and when would it be ready?

Flying Wild Alaska and Ice Pilots are a tossup for me. I like the people and their nature better in FWA, but I love the aircraft in IP.

I also enjoyed the show, but I wish there would be some new episodes. It seems like every other day there are reruns.

When do you find out if they're going to carry a full season, and when would it be ready?

Flying Wild Alaska and Ice Pilots are a tossup for me. I like the people and their nature better in FWA, but I love the aircraft in IP.

The production company informed us that the Weather Channel would make their determination if the show would continue by the end of December...we still haven't heard anything.

I wish they would've given us a go by now...Me and the rest of the ferry crew are currently stuck in KBGR due to north Atlantic wx with 4 piper warriors enroute to Amman Jordan....Stuart mills is also on this One. Would've been an incredible episode! It's one thing to deliver a Caravan but a whole other animal when you have a warrior tanked wih 130 gallons of ferry fuel during the winter...good stuff! Plus there would've been more interesting stuff going on with 4 planes involved. Cheers! Thanks for the support!

enroute to Amman Jordan....Stuart mills is also on this One. Would've been an incredible episode! It's one thing to deliver a Caravan but a whole other animal when you have a warrior tanked wih 130 gallons of ferry fuel during the winter...good stuff! Plus there would've been more interesting stuff going on with 4 planes involved. Cheers! Thanks for the support!

Not to mention that it's been snowing in Amman!

The production company informed us that the Weather Channel would make their determination if the show would continue by the end of December...we still haven't heard anything.

I wish they would've given us a go by now...Me and the rest of the ferry crew are currently stuck in KBGR due to north Atlantic wx with 4 piper warriors enroute to Amman Jordan....Stuart mills is also on this One. Would've been an incredible episode! It's one thing to deliver a Caravan but a whole other animal when you have a warrior tanked wih 130 gallons of ferry fuel during the winter...good stuff! Plus there would've been more interesting stuff going on with 4 planes involved. Cheers! Thanks for the support!

Sounds like an adventure for sure! Safe travels!

Sounds like it would have been a neat show. Maybe you can film it yourself and post it for us to watch!

I thought I saw a new episode the other day but must have been one I missed. Warriors to Aman huh? I was going to say that is an episode I'd LOVE to see. Your right Warriors crossing the Atlantic is way more exciting than a Caravan. Not that the Caravan is bad mind you.

Anything we can do to inundate the Discovery Channel with request for a new season?

Here's a shot of us flying to KBGR enroute to OJAM...Amman Jordan

Attachments

• warrior.jpg
    warrior.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 47
Fastair5, I really enjoy the show. I hope it continues in production.

It would be nice if the constant clips of huge thunderstorms with horizon-to-horizon lightning bolts and thunder that have been inserted into the show would go away. But I suppose that's TV for ya...gotta make it dramatic. :wink2:

I am surprised they didn't install wheel pants to gain some speed.:dunno:

We deliver what the customer buys...if it were up to us every customer would buy a turbine powered rocket ship but the reality of it is that even flight schools need their airplanes. These planes are bare bones warriors for flight training.

Back