Place to stop between Terre Haute and Chicago

kyleb

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Drake the Outlaw
I'm looking for a good fuel and food stop for the trip to Oshkosh. At one end of my "window" is Sky King Airport in Terre Haute Indiana. Decent fuel prices and a store across the street that sells sandwiches, drinks, etc. So it is the perfect place to stop - easy fuel and food.

The other end of the "window" is usually Aurora (ARR), near Chicago. Plenty of services there and decent fuel prices. Food is a little harder to come by - I don't think there is any real food on or near the field. That said, ARR is the perfect distance from Oshkosh - about 45 minutes away, so that pretty much eliminates food and bladder issues on the final leg of the trip.

My question is if someone can suggest a stop or two with fuel and easy food between Terre Haute and Aurora, just in case things line up for a stop somewhere in the great in-between...

05C. Mexican place on the field.

1C5 has numerous restaurants either on the field or a short walk, and a crew car if you want more variety. It's only 10 minutes further out than KARR and has instrument approaches, which 06C lacks. Fuel currently 5.73, some of the lowest in the area.

For a nice resting place and good fuel prices, Gary. I second Pilot Pete's as well in Schaumburg. Just be very aware of the Bravo and noise restrictions around Schaumburg.

For a nice resting place and good fuel prices, Gary. I second Pilot Pete's as well in Schaumburg. Just be very aware of the Bravo and noise restrictions around Schaumburg.

I was planning on stopping at Gary as well which leaves a final leg of about 1:30 in the 172. It gets great reviews on airnav.

The afternoon/evening time slot is 6:30-8 and I imagine everyone shows up at once? We are trying to arrive wed and land just as the reopen.

Back