Pilot Training + GI Bill

I'm going to burn 6,000 pounds of gov contract Jet-A today in your honor.

I say go for whatever you desire, but have a plan! I paid for all my FW ratings out of pocket after buying an airplane. I am, however, a CFII RW thanks to Uncle Sam and James. Just an aside, I started as an 88M (truck driver) and I couldn't wait to separate from the Army. I had a good mentor who led me to the commissioned side of the Army and ultimately aviation. I've been flying 64s for six years with a couple trips to Afghanistan and I wouldn't trade one minute of my military flying experience. If you have any desire to continue to serve I would look into pilot positions. Just my thoughts. Good luck and thank you for serving.

6,000 lbs? I thought you were flying UH-72s? That's more than that thing weighs. :D

6,000 lbs? I thought you were flying UH-72s? That's more than that thing weighs. :D

How dare you wish that evil on me! Haha, I would take the 72 transition if they offered it. I'd rather have the FW transition, but they stopped doing boards and now it's an advanced aircraft track. I'm still flying 64s and my Arrow on the weekends.

Back