No Seaplane Base Fish Fry...again

Jay Honeck

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Honeck
On the off chance that someone actually sees this before wasting their time coming out, for the second year in a row there is no Friday fish fry at the Seaplane Base.

A 20 year tradition, this fish fry was always awesome. Now they've got some lame vendor out here who has no fish, and has run out of ice cream at 2 PM on Friday...

:(

Sounds like a biz op for some enterprising south Texas hotelier.

Hopefully, Jay you will read this before you leave the area. Continue south east on the same road to "Wendt's On The Lake". Order the pearch. Best fish in Wisconsin and you can watch sea planes come and go. They are set up for OSH! A MUST DO every year.

http://www.wendtsonthelake.com/

Last edited:
The fried fish at the Charcoal Pit wasn't bad! Get on your bikes, just past hilton.

BTW: It wouldn't be so aggravating, except that we specifically asked the ladies at the Seaplane Association if they were holding it this year.

We love the perch at the Charcoal Pit. Did that on Day 2.

We have no way to go anywhere, Geico, except where the EAA bus takes us...
:(

Hopefully, Jay you will read this before you leave the area. Continue south east on the same road to "Wendt's On The Lake". Order the pearch. Best fish in Wisconsin and you can watch sea planes come and go. They are set up for OSH! A MUST DO every year.

http://www.wendtsonthelake.com/

Had that on Tuesday. Agreed.

I went to the local Oshkosh monastery's fish & chips fry a few years ago. The fish was so good I wanted to go back into the kitchen and congratulate the cook.

I walked in and asked the first person if he was the fish friar. He said no, he was the chip monk.

Jim

I went to the local Oshkosh monastery's fish & chips fry a few years ago. The fish was so good I wanted to go back into the kitchen and congratulate the cook.

I walked in and asked the first person if he was the fish friar. He said no, he was the chip monk.

Jim

rim shot.

We do the Watermelon Social on Saturday night before the night air show.

Jim
Just read that aloud in the N40. Montblack says "Guffaw"... followed by a collective groan.

:)

We do the Watermelon Social on Saturday night before the night air show.

Just in case folk think that's something you just go to, they have signs up that they're selling tickets to that and they sell out. Just sharing, since that's not obvious.

Geico, I second Wendt's. Went there last night, awesome perch!

Jumbolia? That sounds like something Dr. Bruce has to help you deal with to get your medical...

Back