Lock Haven Pirep?

mcdewey

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Mike
I’m planning on flying up to Lock Haven (KLHV) tomorrow to see the museum and have lunch. A couple questions:
o Any special directions about parking?
o Is it possible/safe to walk over to the museum?
o Any place you recommend for lunch?
o I noticed the ridge on the east side. Anything of note besides the right pattern for 27?

Thanks! This has been on my bucket list for a while and I’m looking forward to it.

I did this about a year ago. You can park in the grass over close to the museum and walk over. If I remember right there is not much within walking distance for food.

Nice airport be aware of the ridge also the grass is available so watch for traffic. Nice FBO

There is a parking ramp next to the museum's fence.
From the museum there were a couple places to eat within walking distance (a bit less than a mile) last time I was there a couple years ago.

Here's a map. Park in the red box.
We walked to the Village Tavern, but from there you could go to Wayback Burgers or Dutch Haven restaurant, and there are a few more options in that area as well.

image001(2).png

I tried to drop in on a road trip a couple of summers ago. The museum was closed at the time, but I helped my kids explore the dead airplane storage in the parking lot just the same.

There's a cute restaurant nearby called The Train Station.

It would probably be good to enjoy the foliage up thataway this weekend...

I noticed the Lock Haven sewer plant is on the walk back from Wayback Burgers. Is that a coincidence? :yikes:

Back