KLBX great $100 Hamburger

I happened to make it down there the week the restaurant re-opened. It was pretty decent. I'll certainly go back - maybe for a weeknight dinner (they're open 'til 9:00 I believe).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mary and I have been going there regularly since they opened in late May. GREAT food.

BTW: LBX is Gulf Coast Regional Airport, in Lake Jackson, Texas.

I'll fourth that motion. Recently took a first time flyer down there for exactly that. Food was good, service even better. Was pretty busy inside with locals which bodes well for its viability. He had the burger which looked terrific, I had the shrimp and oysters which was also good. Easy to do a quick coastal tour while down there also.

We are heading that way for supper tonight, methinks. See y'all at LBX!

Jay - what time are you heading up there? I might swing by. That is if there is room.

Edit:
And by swing by I mean flying down from Sugar Land

Last edited:
Jay - what time are you heading up there? I might swing by. That is if there is room.

Edit:
And by swing by I mean flying down from Sugar Land
Um,well, we are headed to the airport now, finally. Should be there around 6 PM for dinner!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We be at LBX. Shrimp's on!

877be8c02ce8be075ba1ec09d4e9262c.jpg

Fried? Or grilled? Okay, BOTH!
:)

Last edited:
Pix from tonight's mini-POA meet-up at LBX. It was great meeting you guys! Let's do it more often!

f2597e48f397a1a0f1b2a52cc1a34e9d.jpg

822b6604006b3033cd137847fd6b9f92.jpg

eb43994f346c2f28565a493d23321645.jpg

00875d6c40738777d25f0f896532cbf2.jpg

2b6678bdf478fef66a59574743c80fd3.jpg

78d979cbb7c94b0d478f54e43063adb5.jpg

It was great to finally meet you guys! We'll definitely have to do it again, soon.

Good times, and good spot for a burger. Glad to meet the Amelia's Landing crew, and good to see you again, Tmcdavitt!

The air really smoothed out on the way back, which made the ride much nicer. As a bonus, that Broussard and Citabria followed me back to home base.

We should definitely do that again.

Good times, and good spot for a burger. Glad to meet the Amelia's Landing crew, and good to see you again, Tmcdavitt!

The air really smoothed out on the way back, which made the ride much nicer. As a bonus, that Broussard and Citabria followed me back to home base.

We should definitely do that again.
Well, what say we get the rest of the Texas contingent to join us? Spike? Troy? Wade? Bryan? Anyone else?

I've been itchin' to get over and check out the new restaurant since it reopened. Glad to again have a place I can reach from T41 on a school night!

I've been itchin' to get over and check out the new restaurant since it reopened. Glad to again have a place I can reach from T41 on a school night!
Well, we are available most Wednesday or Thursday evenings. Anyone want to meet up at LBX for dinner?

Maintenance scheduling's been my recent foe. Plane's been down for annual, and then some follow-up items, off and on for the last two months. As soon as she's ready to fly again, there's another shop I need to take her to for some follow-on work from an earlier project. Not sure when she'll be unencumbered again, so don't wait for me!

Well, we head there often. It's a beautiful 45 minute flight up the island chain for us, and the food is great. Maybe we will see y'all there someday.

Back