Is this Jogger a Jerk?

Is this Jogger a Jerk

• Yes, He was WAY out of line!

Votes: 71 84.5%
  • No, the Driver deserved it.

Votes: 13 15.5%

• Total voters
I've come to the conclusion that the average driver is oblivious to what is going on around them. Half the people don't stop behind the white line and if they are turning right most of them don't stop at all.

So the driver is a jerk because they are inept. Your friend was being a jerk on purpose.

Right, 2 negatives in this situation don't add up to a positive, that's the easiest way to tell it was an illogical act.

Watched an idiot do the crosswalk block thing yesterday.

Left turn lane, he's up front and stopped with his entire vehicle across the crosswalk.

I was #2 behind him, and stopped far enough behind him that he could have reversed out of the intersection. He didn't. Left him more than a car length.

Pedestrian and I were both giving him dirty looks as the ped had to walk around his car into the intersection and the active left turn lane from our right, to get around him.

(Ped should have walked behind him. Safer.)

Idiot just sat there.

Were you secretly wondering / hoping if the pedestrian would jump up on the hood?

Were you secretly wondering / hoping if the pedestrian would jump up on the hood?

Haha. Yes. After this thread. I really was sitting there thinking', "Will this guy do something crazy?"

I was soooo ready to be entertained by some insanity.

He just glared at the driver and rotated his head to maintain the glare all the way past his vehicle. Which was entertaining. But not as entertaining as say, him losing it on the driver.

Here's my sad brain thoughts too... I was thinking... "For once I actually have time to sit here with the hazards on and be a witness for the cops cleaning up the mess if this goes totally off the rails."

Must not have been hot enough outside yet. Middle of summer there would have at least been some yellin'... dude just kept walking. He wanted to get inside before the rain started.

Watched an idiot do the crosswalk block thing yesterday.

Left turn lane, he's up front and stopped with his entire vehicle across the crosswalk.

I was #2 behind him, and stopped far enough behind him that he could have reversed out of the intersection. He didn't. Left him more than a car length.

Pedestrian and I were both giving him dirty looks as the ped had to walk around his car into the intersection and the active left turn lane from our right, to get around him.

(Ped should have walked behind him. Safer.)

Idiot just sat there.

Exactly, I do the same thing. If I'm in the car behind I see someone screw up into an occupied crosswalk, I leave them room to back up. If I'm a lone pedestrian I'll walk behind them.

UC is actually better than down town Cincy, one of many reasons to avoid the city.

Never been, and as I've no need, I'll try and keep it that way for a while

Nothing worse (more chaotic) than OSU.

Try driving on Commonwealth Ave around Boston University. How BU doesn't lose at least one student per week I'll never know....

Sorry, OSU has 5 times the enrollment.

I haven't been to OSU. I doubt you've been to BU.

I suspect that BU has a higher density of students crossing busier streets (2-3 lanes each direction plus parking plus trolleys) than OSU. Hard to know for sure....

Last edited:
I haven't been to OSU. I doubt you've been to BU.

I suspect that BU has a higher density of students crossing busier streets (2-3 lanes each direction plus parking plus trolleys) than OSU. Hard to know for sure....

Actually, I've driven through the BU campus. Doesn't compare, at least not in my memory. The only campus that compares is SDSU, not because of all the foot traffic, but because of the distractions presented by the co-eds. Just about drove my motorcycle into a post.

Actually, I've driven through the BU campus. Doesn't compare, at least not in my memory. The only campus that compares is SDSU, not because of all the foot traffic, but because of the distractions presented by the co-eds. Just about drove my motorcycle into a post.

I'd hate to drive down a worse street than Commonwealth Ave during rush hour with the students running across multiple lanes of traffic while trying to avoid Boston Drivers (you know what those are, right?) and avoiding the trolleys and cars/trucks pulling in/out of parking spaces.

And for sure and for certain I wouldn't do it on a motorcycle.

Back