I'm coming "home"...

Chrisgoesflying

Cleared for Takeoff
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Chrisgoesflying
I am officially an "alien (is that still how the U.S. gov't calls us foreigners?) of extraordinary abilities or achievements". My visa was just approved and I'm moving to Dallas in October. Now I have a million things to do and thought of tapping into the local knowledge of any DFW folks here on POA. To start with, my first initial question is:

Do you know of any hangar space (t-hangar, shared hangar, heck even just a shade hangar) I can tug the Comanche into from early October to mid November? I just booked an Airbnb south of Fort Worth for six weeks as our initial base. I don't know where we'll end up once we find our permanent home in the DFW but for the first six weeks, we'll be south of Fort Worth. If you have any leads, please share.

I'll keep asking questions as they come up during the process of finally moving back to Texas.

I can get you a hangar at 52F (northwest Regional / AeroValley) I think they are like $250 / monthly for an open T and $400 fully enclosed
Would we be hangar neighbors? :eek2: Just kidding. That would be awesome. Just looked at the map, it's about an hour from the house we'll be renting. Thinking long term, unless we end up east of Dallas for our permanent home after the first six weeks, 52F could even be our permanent solution as the base for the plane. Is hangar space available more long term as well? Do the hangars have power outlets?

My visa was just approved and I'm moving to Dallas in October.
Welcome to the mad house!

I am officially an "alien (is that still how the U.S. gov't calls us foreigners?) of extraordinary abilities or achievements"
Yep, stil an alien (a resident alien, though). We'll take your tax money, but you can't vote in a federal election. Taxation without representation, eh? Might as well move to D.C.

Are any of your extraordinary abilities or achievements referenced in this article?

Are any of your extraordinary abilities or achievements referenced in this article?

Nope, I'm actually not a "real" Canadian. Naturalized up north as well. Been an alien here as well up until about a year ago when Canada made the mistake of giving me citizenship lol.

I am officially an "alien (is that still how the U.S. gov't calls us foreigners?) of extraordinary abilities or achievements". My visa was just approved and I'm moving to Dallas in October.

Awesome.!! You are a legal alien, Thank you.!!

But, you really sure you want to move to Texas.?? :lol:

Awesome.!! You are a legal alien, Thank you.!!

But, you really sure you want to move to Texas.?? :lol:

Wouldn't want to be anything but legal. Yeah, Texas it is. That's where I lived when I first was a legal alien in the U.S. with a student visa a long time ago, and that's where I want to go back to, at least initially. This song is on repeat for me at the moment lol:

Would we be hangar neighbors? :eek2: Just kidding. That would be awesome. Just looked at the map, it's about an hour from the house we'll be renting. Thinking long term, unless we end up east of Dallas for our permanent home after the first six weeks, 52F could even be our permanent solution as the base for the plane. Is hangar space available more long term as well? Do the hangars have power outlets?
Yes my landlord has a bunch of open t hangers and I think he has a couple with doors. They do have power outlets

Back