I have a Spock Spork. Fear me.

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
I just got my one of the 1701 Limited Edition Titanium Spock Sporks:

Mine is 1487. They must not have many left.

Somebody shoot me. :D

Attachments

• bbfa_star_trek_titanium_spork_combo.jpg
    bbfa_star_trek_titanium_spork_combo.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
I just got my one of the 1701 Titanium Spock Sporks.

Mine is 1487. They must not have many left.

Somebody shoot me. :D

Does a spork go on the left side or the right side of the plate?

Trapper John

I just checked. They're out.

:D I figured. That's why I jumped on it.

I had to fight the temptation to buy a few. I'll bet some "comic book guys" bought a dozen. The original packaging isn't sealed in plastic.

attachment.php

Best....titanium.... eating..... utensil... ....ever.

Attachments

• Comic%20Book%20Guy.png
    Comic%20Book%20Guy.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
I just checked. They're out.

CRAPSICLES! They're out!

Mike you are the dork king, I bow to your greatness!!

Trekker Spork Fans! Sorry folks, but we've sold out of the limited edition numbered sporks! However, a new Star Trek (non-numbered) Spork is in the works and will land on Earth soon. It will, obviously, be cheaper. Please click the 'email me when back in stock' link below to get notified.

So my "limited edition" is likely only limited as far as having a number on it.... :redface:
...and they grossed nearly $60,000 in a week.

(In case you non-geeks didn't pick up on it. Click on the picture in post #1.)

Dude, that needs to go over there with your Avatar...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dork with a Spork...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

As you wish.

Hey, any of you military guys: What are the odds that some utensil in the mess hall would be labeled "Mess Hall?" :smilewinkgrin: Wouldn't ya think it would say "USS Enterprise?" I guess that would be too lttle geek factor. You're supposed to think NCC-1701 is a secrit handshake.

I'm reminded of my cow-orker who went nutso with the label maker:
This Is The Left Drawer
This Is The Right Drawer
This Is The Drawer Below Jeff's Phone

I always though we and the drawer knew it was a drawer. Similarly: Entrance Door :rofl:

Last edited:

This from the guy who posts videos of tuft testing.:rofl:

But, if you still need one, all is not lost:

Trekker Spork Fans! Sorry folks, but we've sold out of the limited edition numbered sporks! However, a new Star Trek (non-numbered) Spork is in the works and will land on Earth soon. It will, obviously, be cheaper. Please click the 'email me when back in stock' link below to get notified.
[ Email me when available ]

No self-respecting dork would get a general-issue non-numbered one... :nono:

1. Buy a few cases of Spock Sporks
  2. Buy a Sharpie
  3. Number the Sporks (less than n of 1701!)
  4. Sell on eBay
  5. Profit!

Let's hope they make the "less cost" version look to be obviously not titanium. Make it steel painted with aluminum paint.

Watch it be stainless steel.

1. Buy a few cases of Spock Sporks
  2. Buy a Sharpie
  3. Number the Sporks (less than n of 1701!)
  4. Sell on eBay
  5. Profit!

Let's hope they make the "less cost" version look to be obviously not titanium. Make it steel painted with aluminum paint.

Watch it be stainless steel.

Well, yea-ah... but I wasn't saying what a self-respecting enterprising dork would do! :smilewinkgrin:

I just noticed that the printed catalog that Think Geek sent me has the spork on the the cover. Can't be, right?

Finding it inside, turns out that an unlabeled titanium spork is $8.99. So this "limited edition" is charging $21 for the printing, the number, and prolly mostly, the Star Trek license from Paramount and the Roddenberry estate.

Suckah. :redface:

I just noticed that the printed catalog that Think Geek sent me has the spork on the the cover. Can't be, right?

Finding it inside, turns out that an unlabeled titanium spork is $8.99. So this "limited edition" is charging $21 for the printing, the number, and prolly mostly, the Star Trek license from Paramount and the Roddenberry estate.

Suckah. :redface:

Put your's on Ebay, someone who is yet a bigger geek than you will pay a small fortune for it.

Put your's on Ebay, someone who is yet a bigger geek than you will pay a small fortune for it.
Henning, Henning, Henning,

What are the chances of:

1. Mike giving up his dork spork?
2. Someone being being a bigger geek than Mike
3. That someone (if they exist) has enough time, that they aren't playing World of Warcraft, to hold a paying job?

Joe

What are the chances of:

3. That someone (if they exist) has enough time, that they aren't playing World of Warcraft, to hold a paying job?

Joe

Two words: Tron Guy

BTW, I was dumb enough to think that Spock actually uses the spork in the new Star Trek movie.

I kinda doubt Think Geek pulled off a product placement but we''ll see.

BTW, I was dumb enough to think that Spock actually uses the spork in the new Star Trek movie.

I kinda doubt Think Geek pulled off a product placement but we''ll see.

There's a new Star Trek movie? Which cast?

What are the chances of:

Joe

Paul Allen, but then, he probably got the first 250 for his yacht....:rofl:

I bet even Mike would trade it off for an airplane....

There's a new Star Trek movie? Which cast?
Completely new cast. It is a prequel to the original series. There are some plot holes that will be inconsistent with the pilot episode that was then later turned into the two part episode, The Menagerie. But from the trailers it does look good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/

Completely new cast. It is a prequel to the original series. There are some plot holes that will be inconsistent with the pilot episode that was then later turned into the two part episode, The Menagerie. But from the trailers it does look good.

Ok, it's the original cast (I probably confused that as I meant cast of characters rather than actors). Might have to see it on the big screen.... Maybe Mike will lend me his Dork Spork to eat my ice cream....

Ok, it's the original cast (I probably confused that as I meant cast of characters rather than actors). Might have to see it on the big screen.... Maybe Mike will lend me his Dork Spork to eat my ice cream....
You mean original characters. The cast are the actors the will play those characters.

So yes, Spock, Kirk, McCoy , etc. are in the movie but the actors playing those characters is new.

I should add that they do get Leonard Nimoy to portray Spock for a flash forward scene in this movie. So one of the original cast will be in it a little.

Not to mention an Enterprise that looks far more futuristic than the one in the original series. Oh well, that's Hollywood.

And, yes, I will likely go to a theater to see this one. Geeks are us. :D

Just wait, someone will release a study saying titanium is more deadly than lead eating utensils. Your Dorkness will skyrocket.

Hey, any of you military guys: What are the odds that some utensil in the mess hall would be labeled "Mess Hall?" :smilewinkgrin: Wouldn't ya think it would say "USS Enterprise?" I guess that would be too lttle geek factor. You're supposed to think NCC-1701 is a secrit handshake.

Absolutely Zero.

US GOVERNMENT

And that's all it needs.

I had all sorts of NCC-1701 stuff.... then again, I was 14.:rolleyes:

Back