I got to fly a Mirage!

I think that before you do that, you need a ride in a PC-12. PapaCharlie-12. Has a nice ring to it.

Forget that, if they win the lottery a Citation X+ could be a nice addition to the 6PC toy collection! :D

After a couple of beers I almost had him talked into going in halfsies on a Commander.

And THEN he wanted to see my skydiving rig. Given his 'prior training' with parachutes I couldnt allow my handle to get that close to him...

The monkey taught him that crap.

You've never flown a 310. ;)

Stop talking about 310s!!! Damn it you're such an enabler!!! ;)

You guys fly planes that I couldn't afford to fuel.

The mirage is about 18gph

A 310 around 25?

Not that bad with $3.50 fuel prices right now.

The mirage is about 18gph

A 310 around 25?

Not that bad with $3.50 fuel prices right now.

When I've run the numbers, the 310 I fly will have about the same block times and fuel burns as a PA46 for a no-wind condition. The PA46 has a much nicer cabin and pressurization, but the 310 has two (more reliable) engines, much better climb rate, and handles icing much better, while being a cheaper airframe to own.

Very different planes with minimal overlap, though.

:lol:

An episode of "as the prop turns" should have Ted replying "310" to any arbitrary question. :D

Have you flown a 310 lately? ;)

Have you flown a 310 lately? ;)

Nah, not interested. I think they're ugly. I'd take one for free though or real cheap. Come to think of it, most of them are real cheap! I wonder why... ;)

I'm glad someone noticed! :D

The 'copter 'chute would require an explosive device to remove the main rotor prior to deploying. Think about that for a minute. I think I'll take my chances with the engine failure.

They could just autorotate to landing:yesnod:

I've always thought they were good-looking.

But then again, no one ever accused me of having good taste.

Everyone has their own idea of what looks good. Luckily there are lots of planes out there to satisfy everyone.

I'm thinking that's an obscure reference to Henning:confused::idea:
There was a member (not henning) who had a mid-flight malfunction of the fuel selctor that resulted in his engine quitting. Thanks to his quick thinking and acting he made a safe, pretty much uneventful landing.
That was a real quick paraphrasing. There is a thread on it somewhere. A situation handled extremely well.

There was a member (not henning) who had a mid-flight malfunction of the fuel selctor that resulted in his engine quitting. Thanks to his quick thinking and acting he made a safe, pretty much uneventful landing.
That was a real quick paraphrasing. There is a thread on it somewhere. A situation handled extremely well.

Correct. I was referring to Eggman's thread about declaring an emergency when he had a malfunction of the fuel selector. He handled it perfectly. My comment was tongue-in-cheek, which Ted DuPuis was aware of (since he is Eggman).

Correct. I was referring to Eggman's thread about declaring an emergency when he had a malfunction of the fuel selector. He handled it perfectly. My comment was tongue-in-cheek, which Ted DuPuis was aware of (since he is Eggman).

I can assure you, I am not Eggman. :)

Eggman confessed that you are one of the voices in his head...

That's a separate issue.

As an instructor, I install 2-way transceiver chips in the brains of my students so that I can tell them what to do when I'm not there. It's a great system, although is defeated by the use of a foil hat.

Back