Great (or at least popular) movies you have never seen

I have never seen, and now I refuse to see "Titanic".

The damn boat sinks :D

OMG this is too funny. This is a topic that has come up a lot for me, since for some reason I am "expected" to have certain movie knowledge - and well, I don't.

I pretty much live under a rock when it comes to this stuff.

I don't "get" movie references because I haven't seen very many movies, or, if I did, it was so long ago that I have forgotten all of the memorable quotes.

So my list is too long to attempt.
That's OK. The only movie quotes you need to know around here are from Airplane!

That's OK. The only movie quotes you need to know around here are from Airplane!

I did see that movie at least once, and maybe more than once. I don't really remember any quotes but since everyone on this board always mentions "we're counting on you" I think that is one of them. It has been 10 years or more since I saw the film. I wonder if it is on Netflix.

I did see that movie at least once, and maybe more than once. I don't really remember any quotes but since everyone on this board always mentions "we're counting on you" I think that is one of them. It has been 10 years or more since I saw the film. I wonder if it is on Netflix.

Have you ever seen a grown man... Nevermind.

It probably is, and if not, I'll send you the DVD.

It's aviation's "Rocky Horror", and you really should know it well.

Heck, I put it in my private pilot syllabus when I built it for my CFI checkride - it's an assignment to be completed shortly before the written or checkride, since by that point a student will find it more funny. My Inspector didn't review it. If I ever write a syllabus for a 141 school I'll put it in and see if the FAA notices.

Heck, I put it in my private pilot syllabus when I built it for my CFI checkride - it's an assignment to be completed shortly before the written or checkride, since by that point a student will find it more funny. My Inspector didn't review it. If I ever write a syllabus for a 141 school I'll put it in and see if the FAA notices.

Thanks, added to #1 position in my instant netflix list. Perhaps I will put it on tonight to sort of have in the background while I clean my apartment.

Can you put it in your 135 application, too? :rofl:

That's great that you put airplane it in your syllabus.

Since it applies to aviation... kinda like the "captain ron" of boating

However... watch out, someone may take it the wrong way!

I recently recommended my company decline a recent college grad for a job interview - the guy put in his resume... as #1 in his list of accomplishments "Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year"

Google this if you don't remember who it was.

I was not really amused by this... a joke in a resume is unprofessional. Maybe if it applied to our industry, but even then I would not recommend. He had excellent grades but his resume was not otherwise outstanding and so... he lost a potential job opportunity.

That's great that you put airplane it in your syllabus.

Since it applies to aviation... kinda like the "captain ron" of boating

However... watch out, someone may take it the wrong way!

I recently recommended my company decline a recent college grad for a job interview - the guy put in his resume... as #1 in his list of accomplishments "Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year"

Google this if you don't remember who it was.

I was not really amused by this... a joke in a resume is unprofessional. Maybe if it applied to our industry, but even then I would not recommend. He had excellent grades but his resume was not otherwise outstanding and so... he lost a potential job opportunity.

I agree. In my case, it's not a joke. I'd expect the student to watch the movie! My IFR syllabus includes a field trip to Potomac ATC, and 4 hours watching airplanes and copying clearances at Gravelly Point near KDCA. I put a bunch of "extra" stuff in my syllabus, since I wanted to create an experience that a student would enjoy, and cover some topics like ADM in more depth.

Hmm... I should add a quiz on the movie to the syllabus.

Glengarry Glen Ross.

"Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

I absolutely despise Airplane. Everyone overquotes it like no one else has ever quoted it before.

I absolutely despise Airplane. Everyone overquotes it like no one else has ever quoted it before.

One good thing about "airplane" is that it made the Airport movies funnier.

I hadn't seen any of the Airport movies until after I saw "Airplane"...

A cogent plot would have helped Avatar immensely. Last night I kept the ailing Mrs. Steingar company and watched Disney's The Princess and the Frog. Utterly charming, and highly recommended.

That if one of the funniest movies ever made.

Seriously, if you're seeing it for the first time, take a couple Tylenol first. My ribs hurt for a day after watching that movie.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Go see Bridesmaids. WAY MORE FUNNY than Something about Mary

For movies quotes it has to be Princess Bride anything else would be inconceivable

For movies quotes it has to be Princess Bride anything else would be inconceivable

I have a t-shirt on which "Hello, my name is" is emblazoned largely on the chest, right above an area to write your name. I had Mrs. Steingar write in "Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." Anyone who has seen Princess Bride will understand the relevance.

I have a t-shirt on which "Hello, my name is" is emblazoned largely on the chest, right above an area to write your name. I had Mrs. Steingar write in "Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." Anyone who has seen Princess Bride will understand the relevance.

Ever wear it onto a commercial air flight?

I take my bride out to dinner and a movie every couple of weeks so we see quite a few movies. I'm more into suspense or comedies, and can't stand science fiction. I'd never seen any of the Star Wars flicks until some friends held us captive a couple of years ago. Even though they were on the edges of their seats with excitement I just didn't get into it.

One thing I don't get is why so much junk is put on screen when there are hundreds of great books that could be turned into screenplays. Anything by Harlan Coben or most of John Sandford's stuff.

+99999999999999999999999999999999

I can't stand that show. It's in an intense battle with top gun for ranking number last on the list of movies I've seen.

The Princess Bride, now there is a script that is crammed full of quotes worthy of repeating..and you don't even have to know the show to enjoy most of them for what they are.

Back