Gotcha covered (insurance)

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I was added to a policy and it has this line:

"only for claims of bodily injury, mental anguish, or property damage and specifically excluding claims for Personal Injury."

I don't have the full policy so I have no definitions for the bold terms; is there an industry standard for them?
Wondering what the difference is.

They're insurance terms.

Personal Injury: This term usually refers to non-physical injuries that affect a person’s emotional, mental, or reputational well-being. Coverage for personal injury in an insurance policy may include claims for defamation (libel and slander), false arrest, invasion of privacy, and other non-physical harms. Personal injury coverage is often included in homeowner's insurance or umbrella policies rather than standard auto insurance.

Bodily Injury: This typically refers to physical injuries sustained by a person as a result of an accident or incident. Coverage for bodily injury in an insurance policy may include medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other costs directly related to physical harm. Examples of bodily injury include broken bones, cuts, bruises, and other physical traumas.

Back