Garmin database updates - user frustrations

Thanks for sharing that. It looks like the Garmin post might focus on the Mac version of the software. Do you recall if they are aware of the issues I've been having with the Windows version? I doubt I'm the only one having them but don't want to miss a chance to get things fixed if it turns out that I am.
It's about both versions in the link to the FAQ's. It does seem there is a recent change that affected Windows and not Mac. About a year ago, the issues were all Mac related. My Mac has worked fine for the last 6 months at least. Having said that, I don't load approach plates, I use GP on my iPad for that.

The common advice is to uninstall it and install an earlier version. IIRC, they are available on Garmin site. I had problems the beginning of Sept, so reinstalled a version I had downloaded in April.

Two updates with things working fine.

Can you help out a more simple minded PC guy? How exactly do you find and install the earlier version?

He may have still had the earlier installation file saved on his computer.

Look in your Downloads folder. Maybe previous versions that you installed.

I've had one or two glitches with GADM on my Windows 11 machine. I found that uninstalling and reinstalling it has always resolved the issue. One bug that has been constant over time is that when you download current data it does not automatically update your status unless you manually refresh it.

Back